i want to learn how to fix plasmas, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want to learn how to fix plasmas, please help

I have a lg plasma, I have fixed many lcds buy no plasmas. This tv had a blown fuse on y sus, it has 2 fuses on that board. 1 was blown, I replaced it and it turns on but no picture. On screen where y sus is, it has like fuzzy stuff on screen. But I. Figure there a component on y sus board that I can fix? What should I look for? I don't know how to check the 3 legged mosfets. So any help will be well appreciated.

Re: i want to learn how to fix plasmas, please help

Originally posted by mattstolte View Post
    I have a lg plasma, I have fixed many lcds buy no plasmas. This tv had a blown fuse on y sus, it has 2 fuses on that board. 1 was blown, I replaced it and it turns on but no picture. On screen where y sus is, it has like fuzzy stuff on screen. But I. Figure there a component on y sus board that I can fix? What should I look for? I don't know how to check the 3 legged mosfets. So any help will be well appreciated.
    I think I'd post some pictures of the setup, the fault and the model to help everyone identify if it's a common fault.

Comment

Re: i want to learn how to fix plasmas, please help

Check out the Application-Note in my sig.

It gives a fair idea on how a plasma screen functions. Its much better than any maker's info as it hasnt been poorly written--Then translated to English!
      TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
      http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Working...
      X