• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN46B530P7FXZ0 screen toggles after a while

Samsung LN46B530P7FXZ0 version SQ02

Power board: I46F1_9HS BN44-00265B rev 1.3 Date 09.04.15
    Main board: BN41-01181B Date 2009.07.15
    Screen: LTF460HA06

Hey guys, I tried reading some guides and other threads but I didn't find anything with an issue like this TV has. Brother out of law saved this thing from being thrown out, it'll turn on just fine but after a while the screen will start to toggle off and on slowly before going back to normal. Each toggle off seems to be a little longer and each power on seems to get a little shorter. After that it will run for a short while before doing the same thing again with slightly longer offs and slightly shorter ons. Thinking it might be a heat issue last night I tried running it with the back cover off, it seemed to last longer before starting to toggle (roughly 1hr vs 30-45 mins) but that could be my imagination, after the second series of toggles it just stayed off. I unplugged it and gave it a minute and then plugged it back in and it turned on right away. I switched it off again and the heat sinks near the top of the power board were very hot to the touch, no clue if that's normal or not.

Additionally, somewhere he saw a guide than mentioned cutting some of the jumpers and unplugging the board for the push buttons on the side of the screen so he tried that to no avail, so right now I know JP854 and one other (I'll figure out which one tonight) on the power board are cut. I haven't been able to see if the sound stays on when the screen goes dark as the sources I used didn't have sound but that's on the list for tonight, along with checking to see if the LCD is still running video when things go dark.

I have no problem reading schematics, testing voltages or replacing components but since I've never heard of anything like this before (most of the issues I've seen happen right at power up) I don't want to just start tearing into things willy nilly. Tonight I was also going to try pointing a fan at the power board to see if I can narrow down heat as a problem. Should I try a factory reset as well?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Samsung LN46B530P7FXZ0 screen toggles after a while

Update: Ran it with the jumpers still cut and the back off with a fan and it went for 4.5 hours and the heatsinks stayed cool. What could be causing the power board to be pumping out so much heat?

Comment

Working...
    X