Hanns_G HG281D with flashing/blinking screen problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hanns_G HG281D with flashing/blinking screen problems

ok heres the inverter irt as a plastic cover on it, ihave to remove the whole thing to get it off, I will if necessary, i hope this will suffice but say the word and Ill remove it. Im gonna check those other voltages now
    Retiredcaps.
    Attached Files

Comment

Leave the plastic on for now. Are those caps rated at 85C or 105C? I can't quite make it out.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

(M)105c, pic with other voltages and numbers in a minute

Comment

ok heres the logic board
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Barq View Post
            ok heres the logic board
            Okay, the voltage regulators are within spec.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Okay, right now, if you hookup a working computer to this lcd, what symptoms are you getting? You can leave all the boards disassembled.

1) Is the power led on solid and steady?

2) Is the lcd display working correctly and displaying a picture steadily? Any sparkles?
              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

i gotta get the thing up off the couch I have it face down and look at it. be right back

Comment

the power light stays on blue, it will always show the bios screen and on vista it shows the startup bar but goes black after that. I got it to show the screen briefly after turning on and off, but just once. Im using hdmi , should I test with the old blue vga adapter? cant remember the name of those been so long.
                  Also Im running an old vga monitor with a vga adapter right now no probs. so I dont think its my compy. oh yeah No sparkles that only happened twice

Comment

the power light stays on blue, it will always show the bios screen and on vista it shows the startup bar but goes black after that. I got it to show the screen briefly after turning on and off, but just once.
                    1) If you shine a flashlight on the lcd screen, can you see the Vista startup screen (with hdmi hooked up)?

Im using hdmi , should I test with the old blue vga adapter? cant remember the name of those been so long.
                    2) Yes, test the VGA port to make sure it isn't just the hdmi port that is bad. If the screen also goes black with the VGA port, can you see the display by shining a flashlight onto the screen?

3) What is the part number of the black inverter transformers that sit on the long transformer board? There are 7 of them and they should all be identical part numbers.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

ok I tried it with the vga and it seems to work ok. I didnt sit and look at it for a long time but it seems fine. YES I can see the bios screen and microsoft startup bar with hdmi but then it goes blank. Ill get the other info for you

Comment

ok 6 of the black transformers are
                        M B 0908A but the one in the middle is
                        MY0908A

Comment

YES I can see the bios screen and microsoft startup bar with hdmi but then it goes blank.
                          1) If you have another HDMI cable, try another one. HDMI cables can break. Or to verify that your existing is good, try this cable between your blu-ray or DVD player and HDTV?

2) If you have a blu-ray or DVD player with HDMI output, play your favourite movie and try that for the source and see if the lcd stays on longer.

3) If you can access the lcd menu, see if there is a reset factory default option. Maybe the hdmi info/parameters are messed up after the power outage?
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

ill try that I even swapped the adapter from the back of the video card to the other dvi port and tried it there. still no go Ill see if I can find a hdmi cable, I dont think I have another one. BRB

Comment

ok I tried it with the vga and it seems to work ok. I didnt sit and look at it for a long time but it seems fine. YES I can see the bios screen and microsoft startup bar with hdmi but then it goes blank.
                              Hmm, I don't run Vista, but if the adapter card resolution setting in Vista is set too high or low, wouldn't the lcd just go black? That would explain why the VGA works, but not the HDMI.

It also explains why the setup bar is displayed (probably because it is 640x480) and then goes black when Vista tries to load the display driver.

According to

http://cms.hannsg.net/onweb.jsp?prod...bno=33333333:0

Resolution: 1920 x 1200

Something you can try.

Hookup via HDMI, put your computer into BIOS setup mode and leave it on that screen for 5 minutes. If it stays on, then you know it is probably a Vista adapter card/lcd resolution problem.
                              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

nNaw Im aware of that been running common resolution between monitors. I just tried another hdmi and now Im back to the screen flashing on and off and the blue light is on continuosly. It has to be the monitor.

Comment

also it started with windows 7 and i have it runnning vista now. Not a resolution problem.

Comment

I also dug out another dvi to hdmi adapter for my video card and tried it. same result.

Comment

theres another small board at the top of the monitor, I assume that is for backlighting

Comment

theres another small board at the top of the monitor, I assume that is for backlighting
                                        Post a picture of it. The long board is responsible for the the backlights.
                                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

ok
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X