Pana TC-P42C2 10 blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pana TC-P42C2 10 blinks

Have a panasonic TC P42C2 with 10 blinks. getting all voltages but Vda (0 volts) anybody have schematic for PSU on this model. block diagram has Vda generated by Q451 and IC 451 - Actual board doesn't have these ???? Looks like some sort of Vda detection circuit ???

Re: Pana TC-P42C2 10 blinks

I believe this is a cut-down version of the X2 model (also 720p) but there's no schematic for that either, unfortunately.

Vda will only come up if the 5V or 3.3V for panel is present.
    Loss of 5V/3.3V will cause a 5 or 3 blink code.

10 blinks is more likely related to the 15V. The 5V rail is usually bucked off the 15V, so that must be present for the Vda to come up. Forcing Vda with no 5V will likely result in a plasma panel driver being destroyed. (The control ICs MUST have 5V present before the Vda is. The PSU ensures this synchronisation.)

Check the F_STBY_ON

If that is going HIGH (>2V) then check F_STBY15V

If they are dead: try with A board out and jumper F_STBY_ON... if that comes back then you have a short on the A board. If not, then you have a bad P board.

If they are OK: more likely fault on A board - SUB9V, SUB5V, etc.

Picture of your P board?
    Last edited by tom66; 04-24-2014, 12:22 PM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

PSU. I got set dead - 10 blinks. ss and sn board had blown RF1501, RJP30E4, RFU20t%MS. replaced those - same 10 blinks. getting 15v, then fstb_15 comes on - then 0v.
      checking stb 5v and f_stb_on now. curious - SM says LED lites on SS and SN board - can't find LEDs ??

F_STBY is 3.3V, F_STBY15V is 15V STB5V is 5V.

reseated all A board conns - (realized had SN2 connector off by accident- no Vsus to SN board.) now Vda comes up +55V - then dies 7 blinks now.
      If I connect it back - all connections made - 10 blinks. seems like SN board bad.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ajshoe; 04-25-2014, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajshoe View Post
        PSU. I got set dead - 10 blinks. ss and sn board had blown RF1501, RJP30E4, RFU20t%MS. replaced those - same 10 blinks. getting 15v, then fstb_15 comes on - then 0v.
        checking stb 5v and f_stb_on now. curious - SM says LED lites on SS and SN board - can't find LEDs ??

F_STBY is 3.3V, F_STBY15V is 15V STB5V is 5V.

reseated all A board conns - (realized had SN2 connector off by accident- no Vsus to SN board.) now Vda comes up +55V - then dies 7 blinks now.
        If I connect it back - all connections made - 10 blinks. seems like SN board bad.
        manuals are not always correct. Only the SN has the LED in this one. It 's at the top of the board. yes the flow chart asks about the SS but when you look at the diagram on the same page they only show the SN board.

When you first turn the tv on it will only be dim, goes full lit when the SN is running.

If you want to confirm PSU and A board are ok, you can do this. Disconnect SN2, SS11, P35, 3 white ribbons. power tv up and it should stay on, you'll be able to confirm all the voltages. Allow the voltages to bleed off before reconnecting SN2,SS11 and especially P35.

Most common failure with these is the TNPA5072 SS with the RJP30E4 IGBTs shorting out but I've seen a couple of threads where both SN,SS fail together.

generally either 4 or 10 blink. i had a 4 blink dead short on the Vsus at SS11 on mine.

I suspect that because you have the Sanken PSU, may be it's a copyright issue? The same PSU is also in some panasonic based Sanyos. No schematic in their manual either.

Mine has the LSEP1287 PSU and the schematic is in the SM for the models that have that one.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tw2005; 04-26-2014, 05:39 AM.

Comment

both SN and ss had blown fets. replaced them - suspecting SN still bad. ordered new one off EBAY. waiting on it to compare with mine.

Comment

Got SN board from Potomac computers (boston) - claimed it was good (pulled form a cracked screen). Board had 4 mosfets dead short. didn't install it. Total hit or miss on EBAYers. I don't know how they keep their feedback rating at 100%.
            TNPA5066AB is the board I have in this set (thats the one I ordered thats bad als0) - does anybody know if the suffix AC, AD, AE will work in my set ???

Comment

Got SN board from Potomac computers (boston) - claimed it was good (pulled form a cracked screen). Board had 4 mosfets dead short. didn't install it. Total hit or miss on EBAYers. I don't know how they keep their feedback rating at 100%.
              TNPA5066AB is the board I have in this set (thats the one I ordered thats bad als0) - does anybody know if the suffix AC, AD, AE will work in my set ???
              I think there are about 3 versions that all work. I highly recommend and have used payless components. Just received my TNPA5066 for my 42 yesterday, no shorts. I'm yet to bet let down

or SJ

Both of these the majority of components are from new, damaged in transit unlike people who are salvaging from say the tip.

Any TNPA5066 from a 42" including the Sanyo models which also have the same panels will work.

Check SJ, they mention compatible alternates.

Comment

42" TNPA5066AB ,TNPA5066AC, TNPA5066AD, TNPA5066AF

46" TNPA5066(no suffix)

What were the part numbers that were bad on the one you received?

Yet to come across a Rev AE, let us know when you find one.
                Last edited by tw2005; 04-28-2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

my set has TNPA5066AB. I purchased the exact same part #. I have another coming in the mail, if its bad - I'll try the one of the other part #s. thanks

Comment

new tnpa5066 fixed it. WOW - the side bufffer tabs are very finicky. took a while to get them seated properly. These panas have cheapen considerable. Like the older ones better.

Comment

new tnpa5066 fixed it. WOW - the side bufffer tabs are very finicky. took a while to get them seated properly. These panas have cheapen considerable. Like the older ones better.
                      Nice, yes and it gets even worse from this model on. Can't say this one would be a favourite to hunt down as a repair. I know I got burnt with multiple boards failed at once.

Comment

I'm finding the Panny's are making their tv's really cheap. I had large cap blown on my P board.
                        Last edited by dcapper; 05-15-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X