Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Synmaster 906BW - Power Issues & Function Issues

Greetings All!

So picked up this monitor for free and solved the power issue relatively easily by replacing the bad caps on the board, pretty straight forward.

But, now when I start up the monitor, it quickly cycles through what seems to be the different functions, ie, turns on to blank screen, goes to screen with a colored bars, grey screen, rinse and repeat. I'm trying to capture it, but it's relatively quick, so I might just have to take a video of it.

I'm guessing the inverter board is bad and probably has to be replaced. It looks okay, normal power values out to the board, don't think any buttons are stuck, etc...

Anyone has experienced this before with a different monitor?

Re: Samsung Synmaster 906BW - Power Issues & Function Issues

Sounds like it is in self test mode. Try resetting the monitor.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I tried re-plugging it in/out, pressing buttons, etc... nothing to really reset it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin View Post
        Greetings All!

So picked up this monitor for free and solved the power issue relatively easily by replacing the bad caps on the board, pretty straight forward.

But, now when I start up the monitor, it quickly cycles through what seems to be the different functions, ie, turns on to blank screen, goes to screen with a colored bars, grey screen, rinse and repeat. I'm trying to capture it, but it's relatively quick, so I might just have to take a video of it.

I'm guessing the inverter board is bad and probably has to be replaced. It looks okay, normal power values out to the board, don't think any buttons are stuck, etc...

Anyone has experienced this before with a different monitor?
        I know this is old post but I have exact same issue. Whatwas the solution?

Comment

Working...
        X