Grey/Gray Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey/Gray Screen

Hi, A friend of mine has a LG 47 inch 3d smart tv, their son kicked a ball and it hit the tv, The screen did not break but now all it shows is a gray/grey screen, Any ideas ?
    I spelled Grey 2 ways because some countries spell it different

Re: Grey/Gray Screen

If the tv turns on and has backlight on but no picture usually means the screen has a short in half of the screen. You can test buy disconnectig one of the t con ribbons that go to the panel and turn it on half the screen should show a picture. Then swap them and disconnect the other side and see if you get a picture. If you don't get a picture each time on each side of the screen then the side you leave hooked up and no picture displays had a short in it.

Comment

If a ball was kicked at the screen, my moneys on the screen being broken.

Comment

But there is no visible damage and the tv lights up but with just a plain grey picture, So i would assume it's ok but i am not usre.

Comment

Originally posted by Yingus View Post
          But there is no visible damage and the tv lights up but with just a plain grey picture, So i would assume it's ok but i am not usre.
          Nah--Screen will be stuffed for certain! A spare-parts set now.....

The actual screen part is a sandwiched layer of glass with a plastic film that is only 1mm thick, and not supported very well--Even carrying roughly or a gentle knock with these newish sets can break them!

There doesnt always appear any visible damage on the face of the screen--even under strong light or backlight...

Football in it--Death to it for definite!
          TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
          http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
          PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

OK, Thank you for the answer, It is very much appreciated as always.

Comment

BTW, according to dictionaries both spellings of grey/gray are acceptable.

Comment

Working...
              X