Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP L1740 Monitor doesn't light up

Originally posted by Mike Toole View Post
    Anyone up for helping? Where should I start? Or should I just replace all caps? Is there a visual guide for soldering/replacing caps?
    Welcome. For future posts, do not post pictures inline. Instead, use the manage attachments feature.

1) When you push the power button, does the power LED go green?

2) Do you see the screen flash on quickly?

3) If you shine a flashlight to the LCD, do you see a display?

4) Do you have a multimeter? If yes, Benq boards are notarious for certain problems (see post #4).
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Yes to each of those questions; I've done my homework. The multimeter is at work right now, but yeah, I've got one.

Sorry about the big pic, I thought the autoscale built into the forum was good enough - won't happen again

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Toole View Post
        Yes to each of those questions; I've done my homework. The multimeter is at work right now, but yeah, I've got one.

Sorry about the big pic, I thought the autoscale built into the forum was good enough - won't happen again
        Check the transistors to see if they are shorted, and resolder all the inverter transformers pins. If the screen flashed briefly, the picofuse should be good, but doublecheck with a multimeter.

The autosize function helps, but each time we visit this page, it has to be loaded over and over again. This slows down the loading of pages.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
        X