Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TC-P50G25 10 blinking light failure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-P50G25 10 blinking light failure.

What are the resistance test points for the SD and SU boards? The last thing I want is a freshly repaired part blowing up!

Comment

Originally posted by NJRoadfan View Post
      What are the resistance test points for the SD and SU boards? The last thing I want is a freshly repaired part blowing up!
      everything you need
      Attached Files

Comment

Quick Question. I have P50G25 TV with 4 Blink on initial power up after plug in that goes to 10 blink after I try the 8 second clear. I tested a short on the P11 which goes away after removing SC20 that tells me it is the SC board. Can any revision of SC board be used to replace? I have a board with no revision but it looks like the AH rev board is the most available. I assume I would install and flash via the SC card.

Thanx,
        Ray

Comment

Originally posted by auto50 View Post
          Quick Question. I have P50G25 TV with 4 Blink on initial power up after plug in that goes to 10 blink after I try the 8 second clear. I tested a short on the P11 which goes away after removing SC20 that tells me it is the SC board. Can any revision of SC board be used to replace? I have a board with no revision but it looks like the AH rev board is the most available. I assume I would install and flash via the SC card.

Thanx,
          Ray
          I would expect your board is TNPA5081AF, also known as TXNSC1LPUU but if the AF is not stamped on the board most likely there is a white sticker with 5081AF.

What do yo mean flash via the SC card/ There is no firmware on it and no I would not use a 42 AH revision it will be under rated for a 50" and also not matched to the panel. It may generate a picture but I would not go down that path.

Easiest way would be a repair at maybe Moduslink PTS.

If you're skilled and have the gear self repair, search TNPA5081 in this forum for my work I've done on this. It involves SMD work and attention to detail. Miss a component and it all goes bang again and possible more damage than originally done in the first place.

SOS 4 and then 10 is quite common indication for bad SC board. SC2 connection also often shows short cct which is what triggers the SOS 4. 15v rail also on that board can go low or close to short
          Last edited by tw2005; 10-14-2014, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks a lot. I suspected I couldn't use the board. I will double check the sticker when I get home tonight. I will look up your previous thread on repair. I was a micro-mini tech in my earlier years so I should have no problem doing component replacement.\
            Ray

Comment

Thanks a lot. I suspected I couldn't use the board. I will double check the sticker when I get home tonight. I will look up your previous thread on repair. I was a micro-mini tech in my earlier years so I should have no problem doing component replacement.\
              Ray
              Micro-mini Tech, that's term I don't know but yeah, check out my last repair post, typical example of parts replaced some are quite small but definitely achieveable

Comment

You could attempt to convert the Ah though. No savings but it'd be a bit of work and research. mainly inductors, caps and they may have used lower value transistors in a couple of spots.
                Repair could be around 13 - 15 individual components. I think the least i've found is 7 .

Comment

Just a follow up. Thanks for your help. It was the SC board. I found a brand new board at openboxcity.net for $130 so I bought from them and it worked perfectly. Great forum and very helpful. Micro Mini is a Navy term. I repaired multi-level circuit boards usually with a microscope. I had all the great tools then. I really wish I had a microscope for repair now. My eyes aren't what they used to be.

Comment

Just a follow up. Thanks for your help. It was the SC board. I found a brand new board at openboxcity.net for $130 so I bought from them and it worked perfectly. Great forum and very helpful. Micro Mini is a Navy term. I repaired multi-level circuit boards usually with a microscope. I had all the great tools then. I really wish I had a microscope for repair now. My eyes aren't what they used to be.
                    My suggestion would be a headband magnifier. that's what I use. Doubt you'd need a microscope.

smallest parts most likely needing replacing are Q701,702,818,IC773

All I use is 2 soldering irons, a sucker, very fine pointed cutters for cutting the 16 pins on IC521

If I can do it, so should you with that level of experience. Why not give it a go. If you got that board still Moduslink with the discount could be around the $70 mark or less than half that if you want to try some chinese parts
                    Or a kit but not sure which one is best as i believe some are missing key parts
                    Attached Files

Comment

Still awaiting the return of my board. Modus said there will be a delay as they had to order parts. While waiting, I was thinking, what exactly is the deal with having to update the firmware on these TVs? The latest firmware release notes for the TC-P50G25 makes no mention of any fixes regarding supply voltage to the SC board. The TV I have here had firmware dating to May of 2010, so if they fixed any problems, it had to be in the current revision (released Sept. 2010).

Comment

SC board came back from repair. Popped it back into the TV and its back in service. Firmware has been updated to the latest revision as per instructions.

Comment

SC board came back from repair. Popped it back into the TV and its back in service. Firmware has been updated to the latest revision as per instructions.
                          nice

Comment

Same TV here, pulled white ribbons on A board, P11 P35 and P2, same 10 blinks. Power supply?
                            EDIT: I investigated the blinks some more, it just blinks and blinks over and over with no apparent delay when all leads are connected.
                            So I'm not seeing any kind of sequence, I counted 24 blinks in a row before I stopped counting.
                            This is what I observed:
                            Plugged in power supply, got 2 quick clicks, then several seconds later, 2 more quick clicks. I then attempt to turn on the set.
                            Power light comes on, is on for about 2 seconds, then goes out. Pause. then blink, blink blink up to 24 then I stopped counting.
                            Last edited by Dax Corrin; 01-20-2015, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dax Corrin View Post
                              Same TV here, pulled white ribbons on A board, P11 P35 and P2, same 10 blinks. Power supply?
                              EDIT: I investigated the blinks some more, it just blinks and blinks over and over with no apparent delay when all leads are connected.
                              So I'm not seeing any kind of sequence, I counted 24 blinks in a row before I stopped counting.
                              This is what I observed:
                              Plugged in power supply, got 2 quick clicks, then several seconds later, 2 more quick clicks. I then attempt to turn on the set.
                              Power light comes on, is on for about 2 seconds, then goes out. Pause. then blink, blink blink up to 24 then I stopped counting.
                              Sounds like A board but I'd get a meter and confirm what voltages are present. I'd also be curious to see if the SC board was good regardless.

So as the original fault 10 blinks or it never was but this endless blinking? is it a blink then 2 or 3 sec pause ?

i am confused a little, you say everything connected and rapid blinking, no pause , is that correct/

So with the 3 white ribbons, p2,p11 and p35 removed , same rapid blinks or 10 blink?

Comment

Sorry about the confusion.
                                after connecting the power cord, we get 2 sets of 2 quick clicks, then we can power it up.
                                Once we press the power button (or press power button on the remote), we get a set of 2 quick clicks, the power light lights red then a couple of seconds later, 2 more quick clicks and the light goes out. Then it starts a slow blink that I now interpret as a 1 blink. Over and over.
                                I was wondering how fast a multi-blink error would occur.
                                I have determined that Vda is 60v, 3.3 VDC is good at the TP9201 point on the A board, 208V Vsus, and P15V is also good. All of them come up and once the second set of clicks occurs after power on, they all drop. I was leaning towards the PSU, now suspect the A board is faulty.
                                *note* Nothing I have seen in the Panasonic troubleshooting handbook explicitly says that Vda is supposed to be 60VDC, is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Dax Corrin View Post
                                  Sorry about the confusion.
                                  after connecting the power cord, we get 2 sets of 2 quick clicks, then we can power it up.
                                  Once we press the power button (or press power button on the remote), we get a set of 2 quick clicks, the power light lights red then a couple of seconds later, 2 more quick clicks and the light goes out. Then it starts a slow blink that I now interpret as a 1 blink. Over and over.
                                  I was wondering how fast a multi-blink error would occur.
                                  I have determined that Vda is 60v, 3.3 VDC is good at the TP9201 point on the A board, 208V Vsus, and P15V is also good. All of them come up and once the second set of clicks occurs after power on, they all drop. I was leaning towards the PSU, now suspect the A board is faulty.
                                  *note* Nothing I have seen in the Panasonic troubleshooting handbook explicitly says that Vda is supposed to be 60VDC, is this correct?
                                  Ok, starting to sound more normal as far as what happens with a SOS. 60v is in the ball park, no you won't really find anything but they're pretty normal, not the issue.

ll I can suggest you try is this. Disconnect p2,p11,p35, 3 white ribbon connectors at the A board. power on ans see if you get the same 1 blink.
                                  Do not reconnect those power cables especially p35 for several minutes after shutdown so power can bleed off or you'll damage the panel / or boards.If so - A board, if not and normal, then we look further. the fact that vsus gets up to normal before shutdown is suggesting the A board has failed. shorted Sc board is one of the most common faults with these.
                                  Last edited by tw2005; 01-21-2015, 09:21 PM.

Comment

....and a little over a year later, it appears the repaired SC board failed again. I came back from vacation to a TV (which is rarely used) that had a 2-blink SOS (hmm ok, there was a power outage). Unplugged the TV and re-plugged it in, 4-blink SOS (crap). 3rd attempt to power on gave me the dreaded 10 blinks.

One of these days I'll wrestle it off of the stand its on and break out the meter again, don't know if its going to get fixed again. The repaired part had 100 hours at most on it.

Comment

....and a little over a year later, it appears the repaired SC board failed again. I came back from vacation to a TV (which is rarely used) that had a 2-blink SOS (hmm ok, there was a power outage). Unplugged the TV and re-plugged it in, 4-blink SOS (crap). 3rd attempt to power on gave me the dreaded 10 blinks.

One of these days I'll wrestle it off of the stand its on and break out the meter again, don't know if its going to get fixed again. The repaired part had 100 hours at most on it.
                                      bad luck but none of mine have failed yet and 2 blinks is a new one to hear on this model too.

Comment

SU/SD has killed SC.

Comment

Originally posted by ljintexas View Post
                                          SU/SD has killed SC.
                                          Ok so you did a resistance check and Vfo is shorted? You could get away with the SD/SU boards from the equivalent lower end S2 FHD models without heatsinks.

generally easier and cheaper to get, could always swap the heatsinks over, then it's back to the drawing board for the SC rebuild

Comment

Working...
                                          X