hi newbie to this world

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello to all!
      Greetings from The Netherlands.

Comment

Hi all!
        I stumbled across your site after my i-inc if281d took a dive on me. After going back to my old 22" i started poking around the net looking for information....I've never been one to reinvent the wheel so my searchs landed me here. Im gonna hassle some of the canadians that post here on the forums...i see one is even from my province (alberta) yay me!!!

Some very great info and some very knowledgeable folks so ill just lurk for a bit and soak up some needed info. I dont have much exp in dealing with these sort of repairs but im stubborn and i usually win

Comment

Hello,
          A dead Dell led me to the internet, that led me to Google, that led me to Badcaps, that led me here. Have some fun today!

Comment

I hope i learn something about constructing powerful powersources for repaired computer electronics that i found abandoned by their masters.

p.s. Running on Pentium II 350MHz 512MB. Win XP SP3 has been tortured for better performance, and succesfully.

p.p.s. Sorry, bad englesh.

Comment

Juan Miguel Ruiz.

I´m from the amazing city Guadalajara México, I have a Computer maintenance degree, and basic electronic skills, I also have experience soldering and desoldering SMD components. But i´d like to learn component level motherboard repair.

I work in a laptop service center so i have many diferent Laptop models, passing trought my hands every day, with diferent types of failure.

I come to this forum to share my experiences with some of the equipments we receive, and to expand my knowledge with your experience.

Thanks in advance to all of you for your help, and for maintaining this great forum!

Comment

HI, My name is Martin, From SC. I joined to learn more about repairing my plasma tv.
                I am handy by nature, as I repair things for a living, but not a whole lot of electronics.
                I've experiment on things all my life, this will be a challenge, but fun.

Comment

Hello, my name is Pete Nyberg. I live in Southwest Louisiana.

I entered the US Air Force in 1991 and was trained in Basic Electronics and PMEL (Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory). Also called TMDE. I repaired and calibrated test measurement and diagnostic equipment to component level.

Once I left active duty and joined the reserves I got a job for the USGS as an electronics repair tech, again component level. I have worked in electronics ever since for different civilian companies (environmental monitoring and communications of all sorts; telephone, radio, satellite, direct).

I have experience with desktop and laptop builds and repairs.

I have designed equipment and repaired ancient satellite receive stations that no one would touch. I love to fix things.

I was so happy to find this site! I have been told that component level repair is dead, I am so glad it is not! Google led me here while I was searching for a way to fix my Memorex MLT3221 (no backlight). I am hoping to be able to find info on a few laptops I would like to repair as well.

Comment

Found this searching Google for help fixing my Viewsonic TV...certainly a bad cap problem. I look forward to all the posts.

Comment

New Members - please post your introductions here... where ?

Comment

Just getting my first post.

Thanks,
                        Stevo

Comment

Hello All,

I have been reding this forum for a while now and I have finally decided to get registered!

Ta,

Jason
                          Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
                          Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

Hi All,

I'm in Perth Australia and have a knackered Viewsonic VX2835WM which displays all the classic signs (I have since discovered) of BAD CAPS! (Little B***ards!)

I'm halfway through dismantling the beast but could not see how to take it apart after getting the screws out (found service manual so can proceed).

I'm scared of the DIY electronics repair option but could be convinced if I can get the For the Dummies guide (need to explore posts more).
                            I'm still trying to establish if I'm still in warranty (3 years I hope).
                            If there is someone in Perth who can assist or even do it for me I'm happy to commit some funds. I have a mental block when it comes to electronics even though I do a lot of DIY and messing around with wood/metal/computers.

Nice to find such an informative and helpful site.

Cheers for now.

Comment

Greetings to all!

I am a self employed PC repair tech in Southern York county, PA. Been working on PC's/electronics for years. I love working with hardware, replacing electrical components, modding electronics, building guitar effects pedals, etc.

Looking forward to sharing & learning with fellow badcaps members.

Cheers! Tim

Comment

Hello all!

A faulty hp 1502 lcd monitor led me towards this forum and so far I've been very impressed with the help and support offered here. I'm in the process of ordering replacement caps and trying a repair for the first time!

Regards
                                UK

Comment

Hi! i'm John , my lg l1752s is dead and trying to find answers i found this forum. I hope i will manage to bring it to life again thanks.

Comment

Wow! Such knowledgeable and skilled people, pity i'm not an electronics genius or else I wouldn't be registered here

I don't do electronics as a job, just PC's and networking but I can strip a laptop and solder on a few usb plugs and power plugs if that helps!! I'm no stranger to the soldering iron so hopefully I can muddle my way through a cap replacement if needed!!

I'll be trying to fix a mates Samsung SM-2493HM hopefully via this site so looking forward to some expert advice!!

Cheers!

Comment

steve@ajs tv been tv tech for 30years

Comment

Originally posted by harbinger1968 View Post
                                        Im gonna hassle some of the canadians that post here on the forums...i see one is even from my province (alberta) yay me!!!
                                        Welcome aboard!
                                        There's at least 2 of us (3 now that you're here) from Alberta.
                                        36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Hello from the Isle of Man.
                                          My name is Nigel and I too am here to learn. I have been messing around with computers and hardware for many years nad have had many successes.
                                          However, I am now getting interested in finding component faults on which no signs of damage can be seen (eg. burnt etc.).
                                          All help greatly appreciated every time...
                                          Great Forum
                                          Nigel :-)

Comment

Working...
                                          X