Capxon Capacitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capxon Capacitors?

Since this thread is about Capxon, 'Home Fries' would be more appropriate.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Anyway you slice it, they aren't good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
      If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, you'd better vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot!

Comment

My high school had a shitload of those Samsung Syncmaster 906BW monitors. I don't think they are worth the cost of replacement caps. I would have liked to see them all start dying, but I graduated before that happened. There would be dark streaks to the right of any objects being displayed, but none completely died.

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
          My high school had a shitload of those Samsung Syncmaster 906BW monitors. I don't think they are worth the cost of replacement caps. I would have liked to see them all start dying, but I graduated before that happened. There would be dark streaks to the right of any objects being displayed, but none completely died.
          Hmm, other than one measly, hardly noticeable dead pixel, this one's been rock solid/razor sharp for better than four years now (well aside from the caps). Never had any ghosting issues ever. Wow, many variables to consider. Non-owner users (students), possible lower end video, bulk lots vs. retail? I bought mine as a floor model, DVI, always leave the lamp powered on for at least an hour before turning it off, etc. Maybe I got lucky? Wait, I'm glad I got lucky, I never get lucky!

Well if they are getting rid of them, send some my way!!!!
          If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, you'd better vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot!

Comment

I've pulled several dead CapXons from monitors... pretty damn useless brand in my opinion.
            "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
            -David VanHorn

Comment

Just recapped a couple of Bestec power supplies. One had CapXon caps and the other had Jamicon caps. As a comparison of esr:

2200 uF/16 volts Jamicon was .04, Capxon was .01

two of each 1000 uF/16 volts Jamicon was .09, Capxon was .03

Most of the small caps 22 uF and less, Capxon was just a little less than Jamicon on most of them.

Capxon versus Jamicon...........Capxon wins!
              Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

Doesn't Jamicon only do GP caps though?

Comment

d#$m, my vieusonic lcd tv is full of the crapxons. and the tv don't work. I'm going to replace the 2 that are blotted on my power supply, hopefully just these 2 are the reason

Comment

No, ALL of them are the reason, because CapXon are junk.

Replace ALL of them, or the TV will just fail in another 5 minutes and you'll have to replace more. You won't save much money by only replacing 2 of them now - and you'll waste more of your time when the rest die.

Just replace the lot now and you won't have to worry about it again.
                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                      I've pulled several dead CapXons from monitors... pretty damn useless brand in my opinion.
                      But, LCD monitors seem to get hot inside and they usually don't at least have a tiny fan, so even Rubycons could get fried lol.
                      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Hello guys,

this is my first time on this forum, quite useful!

I'm trying to repair the dvd reader Sharp dv-sv92: it cannot be switched on. I detected the problem in the stdby switching TNY267PN. I replaced it, all ok, but during the functioning I touched the top of the capXon cap (4,7uF400V) and it was red-hot! It seems to be very week!

Now, there is another cap with the same characteristics and both are part of the power supply section of the dvd reader. Do you suggest to replace even the other cap? Which cap brand can I use for this application?

Thank you very much,

BR, Francesco
                        Last edited by ammagamma; 11-09-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

If that capacitor was really red hot, the problem is most likely somewhere else - probably there's a short or too much voltage through that capacitor that shorts or kills the small capacitor.

Simply replacing the capacitor may not solve the issue.

Create a separate thread with your issue and post pictures there - someone may be able to give you more advice based on the position of the capacitor and the components around it.

Comment

If the capacitor's ESR has increased then it will heat up more, so it may be a faulty capacitor, or they picked one with ESR too high for that circuit in the first place.

Or they picked one which couldn't handle the ripple in the first place.

And\Or it's being heated up by something else nearby
                            -David VanHorn

Comment

I think they are decent in PSU's. Not good or bad, just meh. Better than Canicon...holy hell

Comment

Hello,

thank you for replies. Sorry if I was OT.

However, I opened another post:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...514#post195514

Many thanks to those will help me!

BR, Francesco

Comment

Howdy all, newbie here and I cant start my own topic on this, but, I have an older samsung monitor with some bad capxon caps. I need 3 470uf, 25v and 2 1000uf 10 caps. What would be a better brand name and a good place to get them? Thanks! Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tbone8 View Post
                                    Howdy all, newbie here and I cant start my own topic on this, but, I have an older samsung monitor with some bad capxon caps. I need 3 470uf, 25v and 2 1000uf 10 caps. What would be a better brand name and a good place to get them? Thanks! Tom
                                    You can make your own thread in the computer display section. I've fixed a few Samsung monitors, and I usually use nichicon PW, Chemi-Con KY, Panasonic FC. But create your own thread so we can help you there

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                                      >> rubyCON nichiCON chemiCON <<
                                      >> i've always wondered the what the con meant <<

CONdenser - The old name for caps. [Still used in some places I think.]
                                      apparently you are a million times smarter than me - I should have known this, yet I thought about it for weeks and could not come up with the answer!

the BIG 4

~~~ the top tier of low-ESR electrolytic capacitors ~~~

Comment

We all miss PCBONEZ

Comment

where did he go?

and where did willawake go?

the BIG 4

~~~ the top tier of low-ESR electrolytic capacitors ~~~

Comment

Working...
                                          X