Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Acer AL1916

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
    If you read the entire thread, the second test suggests shorting the bottom 2 pins with a small screwdriver, while hitting the power button. This sets the reset pin to zero (ground). Some people actually removed U406 altogether (I don't recommend this). Read the entire thread and decide for yourself.
    I'm not planning on trying the other test, he said it himself there is a chance it could fry the component (if it isn't already) and it's dangerous.

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
    Connect the positive wire to the top lead of U702 (that's the large 'transistor' just to the left of U406, the reset controller). Connect the negative wire to the bottom lead of U702. Now check the voltage at the upper pin of U406, then the lower right pin of U406. Then disconnect the battery. The upper pin should have been at about 3 volts.

If the voltage on the lower pin of U406 was less than .5 volt, it was holding the reset line low, and the reset controller is working properly. If it was slightly lower that the upper pin, the reset controller is not working properly.
    Ok so I retested it, but I wasn't able to get the 3V on the upper pin. On multiple occasions I was able to get 1.5V and once 2.4V, however it seemed like the smallest of movements would change the value I get dramatically. Sometimes I'd shift a few degrees to the left and the value would drop from 1.4V to below 0.3V, and considering the way the components are placed I tried all the angles I could.

In all of the tests however the lower right pin was always at 0.7V which is the value he was expecting, but considering the variation i get in the other one, I'm not sure how much it means at this point.

Comment

I had an acer 1916 C come from a friend to see if i could fix it.
      Just a white screen. No on screen video, just a blank white screen.
      I had replaced the 470mfd16v caps and the 680mfd25v caps on the power supply. Still only get a white screen. Any Ideas on what could be the issue? Is the video controller board suspect?

Comment

If we can assume that you are applying a signal from a Computer to the monitor, and the LED power light changes colour to recognise that signal....then you can take out the cable connecting the logic board to the screen and try cleaning the contacts and re-seating,if that does not work then check to see if the fuse on the board with the screen attached,is blown.

Comment

Working...
        X