Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 216bw blues

So,
    I have three Samsung 216bw monitors. Two of which have slight issues.

Monitor #1:

There is a glow from the center of the screen. Fresh caps. If I pull up an all black picture i can visable see the center of my screen white (as if a flashlight is being pointed at it. it starts from the bottom and goes about 3/4 up the screen.

Monitor #2:
    Verticle lines... Verticle lines everywhere. Transparent, but seem to be in columns. I read about replacing a fuse/jumping it some where but I'm pretty new to LCD repair.

(http://www.avsforum.com/t/1127410/th...on-samsung-lcd)

Assuming that it can't be fixed, is it possible to combine the two and have just one shitty monitor? I'm thinking using the TCON from this one and the power supply from monitor #1. That way I can just buy a used 216bw monitor and replace the bad one.

Thoughts?

Re: Samsung 216bw blues

You can certainly interchange parts,if they are the same.That would seem to be the way to go forward,as you can determine what is good and what isn't,and then you know what if anything you may have to replace,and also it may still be possible to repair,faults on PSU etc.Once you have decided which parts are faulty then photos using the 'Manage Attachments',under 'Go Advanced',would certainly help the Members to possibly steer you in the right direction.

Comment

Re: Samsung 216bw blues

So I swapped everything around. The monitor with the back light issue now has vertices lines, but no backlight issue. I'm guessing that if should try and find two TCON boards.

attached is the boards
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X