Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you buy on black friday?

As the title says post your scores, I'll start

1. got a a780L3G mobo from geeks it was refurbed and only 29.99 suports 125w am3 cpus and has Su'Scon POLYMERS!!!!

2. newegg got 8gb of G.Skill ripjaws 24.99 free ship.

3.ebay did a buy it now on a used once phenom ii x6 1045t 6 core cpe 82 shipped.

so yeah my system refresh so far sounds good. Iam sure someone took advantage of the frys/microcenter deals, if only one was close to me.
    My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Re: What did you buy on black friday?

had sex with a black chick

hah, sorry I couldn't keep a straight face
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Windows 8.... hate me now for having it and actually thinking it's not to bad of an operating system.

Comment

^
        Poor diluted child...

I bought nothing on black friday.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

I figure it this way people pay me to support their computers. I need to at least learn the operating system that they are going to be using in the future. I am not saying i am shovenose and loving it. Just that I need to learn it.

Comment

I got a great deal on a 39" 1080P TV. Nice upgrade from my 24" tube. I opened it up and looks like I need to do some recapping. The nichicon primaries are okay but the Jamicon and Su'scon must go

Comment

Originally posted by gerg View Post
              I figure it this way people pay me to support their computers. I need to at least learn the operating system that they are going to be using in the future. I am not saying i am shovenose and loving it. Just that I need to learn it.
              Same. I have it for that reason.
              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
              Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
              http://folding.stanford.edu/
              Team : 49813
              Join in!!
              Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                ^
                Poor diluted child...

I bought nothing on black friday.
                Me either. Black friday is ripoff central... half the time the models they sell are denutted pieces of garbage.
                sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                  Me either. Black friday is ripoff central... half the time the models they sell are denutted pieces of garbage.
                  Most of the time they are trying to get rid of old inventory.

I had a gift card that was about to expire so I bought 4 games off of steam.
                  Fable III 12.49 USD
                  Payday: The Heist 9.99 USD
                  Max Payne 3 (ROW) 14.99 USD
                  Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock 9.99 USD

I've only done Doctor Who and Fable 3 so far. I like Doctor who game a lot, it had a lot of great puzzles, and the voice acting was spot on, and the graphics was not bad either. Actually I was surprise to see that it was done on the unreal 3 engine.

That was pretty much my Black Friday.

Comment

i consider bf buy nothing day.
                    its a game and folks take hook,line,and sinker.
                    wait till after the holidays and see if some REAL deals show up where lots of stuff goes unsold...
                    bet there will be plenty .

Comment

Yep.

Actually, this whole consumer craze was started years ago to 'boost' the economy... now 'mericans are obsessive shoppers! What does this do? Nothing! There is still too much government money going down the wrong paths.

Oh yeah, I didn't get anything either.
                      Too dangerous, considering that people have been killed from this shopping frenzy. TOTAL IDIOTS!!!!!
                      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

+1

Not only that, but the risk of getting in a car accident is much much higher. Even though it will likely be nothing more than just a fender-bender, the repair for the damage and the raise in insurance will cost hundreds of times more than what you'd save on the items you got on "sale" (if there was one in the first place at all).

Unfortunately, many people DO think that there is a big sale on everything. 2 of my "friends", for example, went to a nearby mall here after Thanksgiving dinner to shop for some clothes. When I asked them why, they said, because everything is much cheaper and on sale. I really wanted to them. But instead, I
                        Too many people lack common sense these days. *sigh*

Comment

I got a brand new copy of a PS3 game "Dead Island" for eight dollars from http://www.newegg.com .Not bad I think..

Comment

What I don't like about it is people being stupid and buying crap just because it's on sale.

I cringe whenever I see on youtube Black Friday videos when I see people rushing into the store to grab a digital camera for 60% off or something like that. Or a netbook for something similar? A woman was saying she wanted to buy one for each child he had as a Christmas gift.
                            What specs? Don't care, it's on sale. It's a 3 year old digital camera and they're clearing stocks? Don't care, it's 50% off. She didn't care that it might be pink and she had a son, she just cared about the camera being on discount.

I accidentally stumble on Extreme Couponing on TLC from time to time and basically ... well, it pisses me off.

For example... see chick buying 100 bottles of "flavored water" (wtf) because she had 100 coupons for half a dollar discount that double up to 1$ so the water is free.. well no wonder it's free, it's shit, and she won't do anything with that flavored water, she just buys it because she has coupons.

In my country, it's even worse sometimes... we have retired people with pensions that sometimes don't even cover the food and medicine they need to live each month.
                            Yet, whenever a new mall opens up, they rush to get whatever's on discount.

Was watching on tv how bunch of city people were rushing into a store that was opening up because they had fucking chainsaws on discount... 80 year old people living in the city were fighting for chainsaws...

/ rant off

Myself, I decided to upgrade my system as well, going from Q6600 and Asus P5Q-Pro to an AMD FX-8320 and Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3.

Going to sell the Q6600 and board and 4 gigs on ddr2.

Basically, it's best performance/budget for what I do often, doing video encoding and programming. About 40-60$ cheaper than a Intel 3570K, beats it at multithreaded stuff and keeps up with it at single threaded stuff, but uses about twice the power and it's hotter. Not really an issue for me, adds about 15-20$ a year to the power bill.

It wasn't Black Friday, the discounts were only 10-25% here on basically either budget parts that don't sell well, or meager discounts on $1000+ laptops that gather dust in stock.

It was however on "Crazy Monday", took advantage that the online store had a 5% off any component in inventory, so I basically got a 4 GB module for free.

Comment

^ agreed. A price is a price is a price. A piece of shit 50% off is still a piece of shit.
                              sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                                Was watching on tv how bunch of city people were rushing into a store that was opening up because they had fucking chainsaws on discount... 80 year old people living in the city were fighting for chainsaws...
                                Maybe they are preparing for the inevitable zombie apocalypse?
                                Or perhaps a Dracula invasion

Originally posted by Uranium-235
                                had sex with a black chick
                                Now that sounds like a fine black Friday to me

*me jealous*

Comment

Bought a cloud server at 50% off! Just not sure how I'm going to pay it next month.

Comment

A tank of gas, a pack of smokes, a rope, a shovel, a hatchet..

Hey, the holidays are stressful! I gotta cope somehow!

..But no, seriously, nothing at all. I did my shopping on Cyber Monday.

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                                    Not only that, but the risk of getting in a car accident is much much higher. ..
                                    Exactly! Drivers are bad enough normally. Introduce some shopping fever and it might as well be Carmageddon out there on black friday near the malls and big-box stores.
                                    Last edited by Psycho0124; 11-29-2012, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Bought gas. The station attendant said they were giving out free coffee until 10am, so I got a cup, then when I got to the car the wife made me throw it out because it's a styrofoam cup, which shouldn't contain hot things in her book. (poisons!) Yeah, being married sure causes some interesting situations.
                                      Presonus Audiobox USB, Schiit Magni 3, Sony MDR-V700

Comment

Working...
                                      X