Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2408wfp small rows of glitched pixels

Hi everyone,

I've encountered this problem today with my 2408wfp and am a little perplexed as to what is causing it. Everything else about the screen is fine except for these rows of glitched pixels that like to flicker a little. They are persistent and do not disappear. Has anybody seen this problem before and have any advice?

FRONT:

BACK:

Here is a rear picture just in case someone recognizes the particular dell board used for this monitor. I've inspected all the caps for damage, but they seem fine.

Have not faced this kind of issue before.... Would be great if I could get some help.

Thanks,

David

Re: Dell 2408wfp small rows of glitched pixels

Hi - welcome to the forum - If you post more pictures please do not post in line, use manage attachments and get them as near to 2 mb as possible so they can be enlarged.
    What were you doing when the problem occurred - did it just come on like that or were you in the middle of something. Had the monitor been moved just prior to the problem it may have damaged the panel.
    Does te problem persist when the On Screen menu is on - if its not in that area can you move the menu to check.
    Does this screen have other inputs DVI VGA HDVI - is the problem the same.
    Have you tried a different computer with it. Have you tried another monitor on the computer
    You may then need to remove and clean and replace any cables going from the video output to the lcd panel. In particular the flat ribbon cable that goes into the back of the panel
    you will have to take the boards off to get at it. Take care as the cable and connector
    are a bit fragile and you dont want to damage whilst cleaning/replacing.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by cornwallace View Post
      Hi everyone,

I've encountered this problem today with my 2408wfp and am a little perplexed as to what is causing it. Everything else about the screen is fine except for these rows of glitched pixels that like to flicker a little. They are persistent and do not disappear. Has anybody seen this problem before and have any advice?

FRONT:

BACK:

Here is a rear picture just in case someone recognizes the particular dell board used for this monitor. I've inspected all the caps for damage, but they seem fine.

Have not faced this kind of issue before.... Would be great if I could get some help.

Thanks,

David
      Hi, have you managed to sort your monitor out as I have exactly same issue.
      Regards

Comment

Ok, both you and Garsi posted a black screen with "rows of glitched pixels" then went on to say "the screen is working perfectly".
        This is where I am confused. Do you have an entire picture of say Windows with icons, and a start button, and full video? Or just a black screen with the "rows of glitched pixels".
        The reason I ask is because I just repaired 2 of these that DID HAVE a complete picture. You could see all the icons, and the task bar. Not a black screen with horizontal rows of pixels.
        The reason I ask for clarification is because a black screen with some rows of pixels would point to the main board.
        A complete picture with blocks and vertical lines would point to the T-Con board. I'll post the 2 pictures of the "working screen" with the blocks and vertical lines. This was T-Con board replacement.
        I'm just wondering if either of you ever get a full and complete picture on the screen? Or the black screen with the rows of pixels? Thanks.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Lumberjack777; 05-09-2013, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X