Dell D430 vs. Asus 1000H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell D430 vs. Asus 1000H

I've narrowed my choices for a newer ultra portable computer for my brother to use. He currently uses a Portege R200 which is aging.
    Anyway, I've been looking at two INCOMPLETE laptops from eBay sellers. The Asus EEEPC 1000H has a dud keyboard (missing keys) and a dead battery, on the other hand the D430 has no battery and no hard drive (no caddy or cable).
    I'm aware that the 1000H uses a 2.5" SATA as it comes with a 160GB HDD, but the D430 uses some ZIF thing. The Portege we have also uses a 1.8" HDD, but I'm not sure if it fits the D430.
    Anyway, apart from the mentioned stuff above both laptops are nice and clean, and work fine otherwise.

So... which one do I go for?

On a very unrelated matter, you can get a crystal case for the 1000H, but you cant get a snap on case for the Dell.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Re: Dell D430 vs. Asus 1000H

Forgot to add. The Dell is a C2D U7700, the EEEPC is an Atom N270.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

I'm a bit confused here... is the Atom N270 a dual core or just a HT supported CPU??? Because I can see two logical cores in XP task manager on my Toshiba NB100 which uses the same CPU...

Comment

D430.

Hell, even my D400 was faster (it replaced a 1000HeB, massive upgrade).

All the 1000H has is a 2.5" Hdd... The d30 uses a 1.8". Both can be SSD'd (for the d430, I suggest it).

I had a 1000Hb and also a 100HEb.... both in the end were piles of crap quality wise. The d430 on the other hand is very well built... No comparison.
        Last edited by ratdude747; 12-05-2012, 10:40 AM.
        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Ended up getting the 1000H today instead for $60. Needs a new $9 keyboard and possibly a new battery for $20 or so. I primarily wanted the 160GB SATA drive for my T61 which is running on a 40GB and making my life a bit hard with limited room in there. So take $30 off the price because I'd have to pay at least $40 - 45 for a 160GB drive off eBay... technically speaking the netbook cost $30. LOL.

Comment

Working...
          X