Vizio M470NV Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio M470NV Problem

(1). When I powered on my TV all I see is the vizio logo. I cannot access any menus using the remote, nor can I turn the TV off. The TV then turns off by itself and the power flashes orange and white for roughly 90 seconds then it turns back on and the logo shows up again. It repeats this like an infinite loop.

(2). I tried the typical unplug for 10 minutes. When i plugged it back in the power flashed orange and white for ~90 seconds then went to solid orange. When I turn it on it just keeps doing what i previously stated in (1).

Any ideas? I opened it up and check out the 3 boards but don't have a meter at my place currently so I didnt do any continuity testing. Curious if anyone has run in to this problem.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Re: Vizio M470NV Problem

Many Vizios are plagued with bad voltage regulators. It would be a good starting point to test your voltage regulators. Search this forum for "U33 Vizio". I'm sure I have written procedures on how to test them.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I tested U24 on standby.
      Vin - 0V
      Vo - 0V

When I have brief power showing the vizio logo on screen.
      Vin - 12V
      Vo - 5V

The other U's are buck converters I believe.

Stock image attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by micon87 View Post
        It repeats this like an infinite loop.
        Try a firmware update. Or maybe it is a result of a firmware update gone bad?

http://www.amazon.com/review/RI1P294..._res_rtr_alt_1

And with some searching effort ...

http://www.fixya.com/support/t869293...urchased_while
        Last edited by retiredcaps; 07-12-2012, 12:10 AM.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Yeah, I called vizio and they had me do the reset by unplugging the TV and holding the power button for 30 seconds.

No change in behavior.

I also tried leaving it unplugged all night. Then I plugged it in and gave it ~10 hours before trying to turn it on.

No change in behavior.

Tonight I will upload some pictures of my board. I could not find anything visually wrong with the Caps.

I will also try to try another firmware reset and see what happens.

My friends vizio had a similar thing happen with the flashing orange to white and not coming on. But it reset and worked after 10 minutes of being unplugged.

Comment

Working...
          X