Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 50HP won't start up

I bought this Plasma with the hopes of bringing it back to life-

If I unplug the ysus or zsus, it only clicks once then shuts down- but if I jumper the OVP it will stay powered on.

How can I check to find out if it is the power board or the ysus/zsus?

I read that I need to unplug the ysus and jumper 5v to check the ps, but can't find out what pins to jumper...

Thank you in advance!

Re: Toshiba 50HP won't start up

What does it do when both Y-sus and Z-sus are plugged in?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

When they are both plugged in, on the panel it glows red light, then green for a split second then clicks off no lights. then cycles that same action every 13 seconds or so.

Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Is this different from when the boards are unplugged?
        Have you tried with just Y-sus or Z-sus?
        Does it use an LG plasma panel?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thanks again for helping here-

Yes it uses an LG panel- apparently the power supply "checks" the ysus for power and will not stay on if there is no communication- I have read where you can fool the PS by putting a 5v jumper to the ysus, but can't figure out WHERE.

If I unplug the ysus OR the zsus, same thing- standby, green light, click, off then cycle 13 seconds later.

The only way I have been able to keep the power on is to jumper the OVP chip and unplug the Vs wires from the ysus connector and leave the others connected, or unplug the ysus altogether.

Comment

Have you tried unplugging the "Siene" board, which some models like this have? The TV should power up without the cable feature but everything else works.

Comment

If you could kindly tell me what board it is, and what plugs to unplug I would be very appreciative!!!

Comment

I have not had the issue myself, just seen this fix mentioned, but I assume it's the board with the Cable Card slot and possibly cable coaxial connector on it. Does this TV use a separate board for those?

Comment

Tried disconnecting board that had the coax- no difference. Do you happen to know what the LG equivalent of this model is or if it was rebranded under another name?

Comment

Plasma panel model -- should be PDP50X3 or something? Will be marked on panel. Is it a 720p or 1080p set?

Similar models could be 50PCxD where x is a digit 1..7

Comment

Pdp50x3

Comment

So a similar set would be 50PC3D.

Comment

Ok, the 50PC3d is CLOSE, but the PSU is different- do you know how to bypass the ysus so that the PSU can be checked? If I unplug the ysus it won't stay on, and I understand that means I have to "fool" the PS into thinking the ysus is giving it feedback.

Comment

That's because Toshiba probably made their own PSU for this model, and LG made their own too.

Check the Vs voltage on the Y-sus connector, it's labelled. You expect around 185~195V for this LG panel. Even if it cuts out, just seeing it for a second is fine.

BTW, just to make sure, you are removing "this" seine module:
                            http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/ca...sj75001605.jpg
                            Last edited by tom66; 12-13-2012, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X