Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toshiba Satellite C655 won't run off AC. Need schem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba Satellite C655 won't run off AC. Need schem.

I don't have this chip available bro.

Comment

client will pull out the unit for second opinion.
      how do you deal with this kind of client?
      he said he will return the unit if not repaired by other techs.

Comment

can't please everyone. if the client comes back, welcome him with an open arm.

Comment

Originally posted by fddizon View Post
          client will pull out the unit for second opinion.
          how do you deal with this kind of client?
          he said he will return the unit if not repaired by other techs.
          Sorry but this is why I charge a minimum for a diagnostics fee that is paid up front. With the ever increasing amount of shoddy motherboards being produced you just about have to. if the customer elects to have it repaired then you can discount the diagnostic fee from the total cost if you like.

If they just decide to say they just want it back then so be it but you should be compensated for your time.

Comment

Sixmark,

i like the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Sixmark View Post
              Sorry but this is why I charge a minimum for a diagnostics fee that is paid up front.

If they just decide to say they just want it back then so be it but you should be compensated for your time.
              Yes, you absolutely have to do this.

People don't realise just how expensive "time" is, considering that there's the preconsultation, the "let me tell you about it" drop off talk, then the talk during the diagnosis sometimes, then the "pick up and let me tell you about my friend/family/pets talk". You can lose an hour *easy* on people without them handing you a single dollar.
              YouTube Repair Videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/19PLD73
              FlexBV BoardView software - Linux/OSX/Windows - http://pldaniels.com/flexbv

Comment

I have a similar issue with the same model laptop but slightly different schematic and board layout. I have the same structures in the same area labeled Q6005 and Q6002 no q6003 would it be feasible to replace them with the same IRF?

Dont have a prober or solderer yet but will order soon but would like to order the IRF since it will take the longest to get here

Comment

Love this thread. I have a Toshiba C655-S5049, intel processor, that was given to me so being the hack that I am, didn't figure I would be losing anything to try and fix it and expand my knowledge a bit. This one does not charge battery or turn on with a/c cord or even light up any lights. Think I am capable of replacing a MOSFET in the circuit board. This would be a challenging project for me. Looked at the thumbnail pics. Is it the one to the right that you replace? I am seeing 2 of them side by side. Thanks!

Comment

hi to all , i have the same problem with my motherboard. i was wondering what u guys use to remove the q6002 from the motherboard. and i was also wondering if maybe i can find a q6002 on a l305 motherboard and just take that off and put it on the c655 board. is possible?

Comment

just to update everyone , i changed the fuses on q6002 and q6003 now i am getting charge again everything working perfectly, email me if anyone needs more info , alphad1983@yahoo.com

Comment

Great post. Replaced both chips and now works like a champ. Less than $10 with shipping and all it good, much cheaper than a new motherboard. My solder skills leave a little to be desired. Thanks for posting information like this.

Comment

Hi Inflex,
                          Read your experience and suggestion for an apparentkly "dead" Toshiba Satellite C655. My grandaughter's C665 exhibited the same fault you described so tested the mosfet and found it shorted. Bought and replaced with IRF8813 and bingo! Everything works!

Many thanks for the help.

Regards,

Stan

Comment

I have a C655D-S5515 with no charging capability. A charged battery would start the computer but would not charge. I checked the board and found the Q6002 fuse had no power at all. I replaced the fuse and the board is working 100% now. Took about 1 hour to replace the fuse.

Comment

Completely forgot about this thread, glad to see it's serving some use. I wish I'd still get some mainboards with comparatively 'simple' faults like this. Lately they just seem to be getting more and more complex to solve
                              YouTube Repair Videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/19PLD73
                              FlexBV BoardView software - Linux/OSX/Windows - http://pldaniels.com/flexbv

Comment

thanks

Comment

toshiba satellite c665

Toshiba Satellite C665 broke off on off connector point ( CM20) to motherboard Any other points I can extend wire to solder to that will do the job ?

Comment

Toshiba Satellite C665 broke off on off connector point ( CM20) to motherboard Any other points I can extend wire to solder to that will do the job ?

Comment

now NO solder points on cm20 where else to connect on off switch
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                      X