How to repair mainboard choke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to repair mainboard choke?

I got another Intel board that has a problem. I noticed that if the onboard VGA is set to 32MB (wich is the maximum number) the board would fail to boot and making a 2 short followed by 6 even shorter beep. At first I thought that it's because the 2 broken caps (one under the PCIe slot and one above the PCIe slot right below the North Bridge). So I replace the two caps and it would boot once. But when I try too restart the board, it failed to boot again with the same symptoms (the beep). So I try to boot the board while giving a pressure to the North Bridge and walla... It's working... So I think the Bridge needs to be heated again, but I don't have a hot air station. And when I try to look for other clue about what causing the problem, I found that the choke next to the cap I recently replaced is very hot! and the 2 caps that I just replaced and a Mosfet near it are becoming very hot too. So I think that the problem is caused by a failing choke. So, what do you think guys? Is it the choke? How can I repair the choke?
Working...
X