Help Im Thinking of Poly Moding my Via P4M800pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Im Thinking of Poly Moding my Via P4M800pro

hello everybody. i just discovered this site and did alot of reading.
    my pc was fine when i was using my old 256mb ddr2 ram but since this is too small for windows 7 i upgraded it to a 2gb pc 6400 geli memory module. only 1gb is detected by the motherboard. i guess this motherboard dosent recognize dual channel ddr2 so anyway. at the time of the upgrade my pc was running much much faster. so then i was pleased. but after 3 to 4 months of operation things started to get real bad. slowdowns,lockup's the mouse just freezes ect ect. up to this point that im real desperate in fixing it. because i literally cant use it. for anything!

i found out my motherboard has (12) 6.3v 1000uf teapo capacitors bulging and some residue on each of the vent. on the ram side. while on the CPU side there are a couple of capasitors rated 16V i was thinking of fully poly modding this board. please would somebody help me/give me advice?

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1839332

thank you in advance and more power.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by weepis; 05-27-2011, 11:06 AM.

Re: Help Im Thinking of Poly Moding my Via P4M800pro

The board is old enough to not be worth a poly mod. Heck, it doesn't even see a 2GB memory module. Try 2 1GB ones.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
    X