Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MacBook Pro 15" 2012 dead

Hi
    Most likely your problem is Sense resistor circuit around 6259 as usual bad.
    Techman1025

Comment

It has been a while now. I wanted to let you know that I managed to get my laptop working. I replaced that 6259ahrtz again (seems like that my replaced chip was faulty after replacing it) and after resetting SMC, bang, magsafe LED started to glow bright green and after several seconds it started to charge battery and laptop powered up.

Success!

Thank you all for help.

Comment

Edit:

Seems like I was too joyful a bit too early. Today Macbook is still not charging and no magsafe lights. Tho it is working from battery. Somehow Macbook powered on from magsafe after replacing 625 chip and started to charge battery (amber light on magsafe) and it got it full. After that magsafe went green. Unfortunately after couple of hours there were no magsafe green anymore but it remained working on battery. I tried SMC reset but no luck this time. I tried other working Magsafe charger and even other working Magsafe DC board but that didn't make any difference. I disassembled laptop. I disconnected battery and attached magsafe. This time I read 0V on DC board.
        I let motherboard be on table for about 10 minutes without any power source. After that I attached magsafe and then I got bright green light for a mere second and faded out, DC reading on magsafe board 0.6V and discharging.

Damn, I have no idea any more...

Comment

if no green light: check if g3hot is present on l6995 and if 3.42v is stable, check u7000 is soldered properly.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Green light requires two things

PP3v42 and CHR ACOK voltage from U7000 (3.3v or close to it)

Id say its U7000 thats giving you issues but also check the two One Wire chips that talk to the DC-IN Board.

Comment

Working...
              X