Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vizio E371vl--Decline to failure (diagnosis?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio E371vl--Decline to failure (diagnosis?)

Originally posted by DoorOfTime View Post
    Finally got a chance to freeze the chips. The TV had been unplugged for ~2 days so it was functional when I turned it on.

Worth noting--the computer I used to connect to HDMI detected the TV as an output whether or not the TV was turned on.

While displaying HDMI on the screen I froze the EEPROM--no apparent change. Shortly after I started chilling the main chip the image cut out, the computer lost the HDMI output, and the TV powered down.

So, it looks like this is a main chip problem. I don't have the equipment to reflow at my apartment, and the only thing I can get my hands on is a heat gun which is a bit barbaric.

It seems odd to me that the chip would have errors both when it has been on for an extended period or when it is chilled. What exactly would be causing that problem?

Hi DoorOfTime; It not barbaric cause i have a M42vt led tv that had a scrambled pic this tv i found on the curve too, i did the heat gun reflow on the BGA and tv has been running like a champ for a year now,also put a fan on the back of the BGA,just try to reflow with the heat gun just like this Utube video shows,if you do that way it will not harm the board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5fzUrP0pxs

Comment

Working...
    X