Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG Flatron L1710s stays in power saving mode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG Flatron L1710s stays in power saving mode.

I have a LG Flatron L1710s that stays in power saving mode once it gets there. Otherwise the display is good. No ghosts, backlight correct and adjustable, no noise. Disconnecting sometimes brings it back to responsive, otherwise it stays with a blinking power led no matter if we send a signal.

The power supply board looks good, there doesn't seem to be any bad capacitor. I might recap anyway but I am thinking something else would be at cause for this lack of being able to recover from power saving.

What should I be looking for?

Re: LG Flatron L1710s stays in power saving mode.

Not sure why you have double posted? - try another cable between pc and monitor= does it have vga or dvi or hdmi if there is more than one try another type.

Please update your profile with country and mains voltage
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

The monitor has only the one VGA input, and changing the cable has no impact. Once the monitor is in sleep mode, it takes gymnastics to bring it back. One can go back and forth to another monitor to prove there is an image or even power down the monitor. once plugged back in it will be stuck in power saving mode, with or without a cable connected.

the mains here are about 120V - didn't see where to enter it in the profile.

Comment

Caps can be bad without any outward signs.

Perhaps its not in power saving mode- it could be that if it has cooled down
        the caps dont function correctly. Playing about with it trying on and off
        warm them up and eventually they may restart.

With it all connected up and switched on try playing a hairdrier gently on the caps on both boards and see if it comes on.

What is the power led doing - talk us through from plugging in to pressing the power button to problem state.

We can help a lot more if you please post good clear pictures of the whole chassis, and then pictures of each board, front and back and close up of connectors, (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) using the manage attachments button, which is found by clicking "go advanced" under quick reply.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

Examples of what is needed
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1290283049

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1280167246

It will be useful if you can say a bit about yourself - skills tools etc.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I'll reopen the chassis and take high res pictures, but until then here's more info:

If the monitor went into power saving mode, unplugging everything - even for days - might have no effects. In fact, I am not certain what "works" for brigning it back. Last time, I was looking for capacitors, and powered it without the CCFLs - maybe it has something to do with that.

When its acting, plugging power will lead directly to green power led blinking. The usual behaviour would be to "do nothing" (no LED display at all) and wait for power button to be pressed, in which case it would turn green - solid - and after a few seconds the image would display. When it works "OK" it can stay like that for days without issues. As long as the computer it is connected to doesn't stop sending images to it.

So... no monitor power saving option, no turn off the computer and it works like a champ. lol.

However, as soon as it goes into power saving mode, it starts having issues as described above. Maybe the problem isn't with the power supply board, but with the board processing the image..?

I have rudimentary equipment - soldering irons, solder pump and wicks, DMM, even an old scope & VTVM. I am not great at desoldering but can do my part when needed.
          Last edited by Marsupial; 11-11-2012, 10:44 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

Working...
          X