EMPREX LM-1905 will not turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMPREX LM-1905 will not turn on

The monitor will not turn on, have checked the power cable and the VGA cable both are fine.

The power on LED seems very dull and then goes out after a little while so i am assuiming there is a problem with the supply?

I have disassembled the monitor and on what appears to be the PSU PCB board, I have noticed that there are various caps that are buldging. So i intend to replace these. I have also checked the internal fuse which appears to be fine also.

2 x 10v 1000uf
    2 x 25v 680uf
    2 x 25v 220uf
    2 x 25v 470uf
    2 x 450v 100uf
    2 x 25v 47uf
    2 x 16v 470uf
    2 x 16v 22uf

I have also notice a discolouration of the PCB board under two of the caps and two of the IC's.

I was going to install a chip holder and replace the two IC's which are 4511GED but i cant appear to source these from anywhere?

Does anyone know where i can source these IC's or a like for like replacement?

I will post pictures when i get home but i am unable to do this at present.

Cheers

Dan

Re: EMPREX LM-1905 will not turn on

We will wait on the pictures. I kind of doubt it is the ICs. Need to check those pictures before settling on the next action.

Comment

Originally posted by dannycelluk View Post
      The monitor will not turn on, have checked the power cable and the VGA cable both are fine.

The power on LED seems very dull and then goes out after a little while so i am assuiming there is a problem with the supply?

I have disassembled the monitor and on what appears to be the PSU PCB board, I have noticed that there are various caps that are buldging. So i intend to replace these. I have also checked the internal fuse which appears to be fine also.

2 x 10v 1000uf
      2 x 25v 680uf
      2 x 25v 220uf
      2 x 25v 470uf
      2 x 450v 100uf
      2 x 25v 47uf
      2 x 16v 470uf
      2 x 16v 22uf

I have also notice a discolouration of the PCB board under two of the caps and two of the IC's.

I was going to install a chip holder and replace the two IC's which are 4511GED but i cant appear to source these from anywhere?

Does anyone know where i can source these IC's or a like for like replacement?

I will post pictures when i get home but i am unable to do this at present.

Cheers

Dan
      Check this site http://www.utsource.net/ic-datasheet...D-1885942.html

Comment

Cheers for the quick reply

The board looks identical to the board posted here....

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=EMPREX

But the brown colouration on the board is next to the 2 caps on the right hand side next to the IC's on pic 3.

Comment

Change the caps,and try it, would not worry about the brown colour at this time.

Comment

ok thanks, ill give it ago on picture two above there are a group 0f 5 Caps over to top left hand side of the board, these do not look like power caps to me as they are next to the headphone jack, can anyone confirm? or shall i change these as well?

Comment

Those can be left alone.
              regards

Comment

Working...
              X