X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 42PFL5432D/37

Originally posted by PoteauPets View Post
    I am sooooo soooo excited.
    Good job. Don't forget to order a new business sign.

Poteau Pets/TV repair

--- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Glad you fixed it! Enjoy your TV.

Another case of "even if it's not bulged, replace it." Especially applicable to cheap capacitors.

I wonder if the caps on the main board started bloating because the main PSU caps had gone bad? And this was putting excessive ripple across these caps, causing them to bulge before the main PSU caps.

Last edited by tom66; 01-27-2012, 02:02 AM.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        Another case of "even if it's not bulged, replace it."
        Well, it was only a matter of time before those 3 Capxon went bad. We have already seen multiple pictures of that group of 3 bloated.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hi,

I am still unable to find the part number for the 1000uf 25v capacitor. If anyone could help with this that would be great. Then hopefully the next time you hear from me it will be my success story

Comment

Thanks again guys, WE DID IT !!!!
            Well technically you did it Congratulations!! It's a great feeling when you screw the back on and the set powers up again.

Enjoy

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by tbuch View Post
              Hi,

I am still unable to find the part number for the 1000uf 25v capacitor. If anyone could help with this that would be great. Then hopefully the next time you hear from me it will be my success story
              The Panasonic EEU-FM1E102 should be suitable. They are available from Digi-Key as their stock number P12379-ND.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your help.... All the caps are ordered (+ extras..LOL)!!!
                I will update you on my next phase...

You guys are GREAT

Comment

THE NIGHTMARE CONTINUES !!!!!!!!
                  The t.v. played all night last night so I put the cover back on this morning, hung it back on the wall, and within an hour, IT WENT OUT AGAIN !!!
                  I turned it off and then back on only to get less than an hour, sometimes only a few minutes, before I lose the picture again.
                  So, when the hubby gets home, he helps me hoist the big stupid heavy thing down off the wall, and lay it flat on the entertainment center. I proceed to take everything off the back once again. I inspect all the caps, new and old, nothing is visibly wrong, polarity is correct, no bloating etc. So, I switch it back on, wait for it to go off again, and it plays for over 3 hrs. What the heck is going on?

This time however, there are a few things different, when I lose the picture.

1. The green light stays on.
                  2. White lights in the back stay on.
                  3. Sound stays on.
                  Any suggestions ????????????? I'm sooo frustrated with this t.v. but am not about to give up. IT'S WAR

Comment

This time however, there are a few things different, when I lose the picture.

1. The green light stays on.
                    2. White lights in the back stay on.
                    3. Sound stays on.
                    1) That suggests your main/logic board is working.
                    2) That suggests the inverters are getting 24V DC (that is new Panasonic 1500uF 35V caps are working).
                    3) That suggests your main/logic board is working.

New ideas.

1) Let's get an overall shot of the main/logic board so it looks like this (top down view). Tbuch saw 3 bad caps on her main/logic while I spotted 4. Maybe there is another on the main/logic board that you are missing?

We want the picture composition to be like this with resolution as close to 2000x2000 as possible.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...6&d=1310471174

2) This is a shot of the same TV by someone else. Circled in red is the t-con card. Take off the metal shielding and post a picture of it with the same picture composition as above.

3) Notice that the t-con card has a connector coming in from the bottom. Reseat this connector. There is a very small possibility that the connector when in the vertical position isn't making 100% contact.

The connector may be fragile so be gentle/careful with it.

4) Notice that the t-con card is the most northern module. When the TV is vertical and mounted on the wall, it is possible that all the heat rises towards this t-con module and it is failing due to heat and no air circulation. With the cover off and the TV in the horizontal position, heat dissipates in a different pattern versus wall mounted/covers on.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by retiredcaps; 01-28-2012, 07:04 AM.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

PoteauPets,

OH KNOW!!! Not the news I wanted to hear. I hope you all find a simple solution for this next problem. How frustrating!!! By the time this is over and done with, we will know this TV inside and out huh?

Comment

Here are the latest pics. Notice the lights are on in the first & last pictures.Thanks sooo much for all your help.........AGAIN !!!!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Try checking if this connector is fully plugged in. Trace it to the main board and check that side too.
                          Attached Files
                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Just checked it and the side that you indicated was okay. I traced it and found where it went to the board. Left side popped off when I gave a little tug, then I lost picture. I snapped it back on, picture came back. Tugged it gently again to make sure it's locked and it is. Think that may have been the problem ?
                            Hubby is on his way home & I was thinking about having him help me prop it up to see what happens.

BTW, The stupid thing has been on ALL DAY while laying face down on the entertainment center.

Comment

I traced it and found where it went to the board. Left side popped off when I gave a little tug, then I lost picture.
                              That would make sense you probably had to remove the connector to solder the replacement caps.
                              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

BTW, The stupid thing has been on ALL DAY while laying face down on the entertainment center.
                                If you have the original stand, you can try running it the TV upright with the cover on. See if it runs for 3 hours or so. You can push it near a wall to simulate wall mounting and air flow circulation.
                                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Propped it up against the wall, made it about 10 mins. & the picture went out.
                                  Green light stayed on.
                                  Sound stayed on.
                                  I tilted it forward to check that connection again and it was firmly seated.
                                  Turned it off, then back on, has been playing for about 10 mins. now.

Comment

Propped it up against the wall, made it about 10 mins. & the picture went out.
                                    If the picture disappears again, for the next test, try pointing a fan at the back part of the TV while it is propped up against the wall. I just want to see if cooling helps.
                                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Okay, here's a timeline since I propped it up.
                                      ON 4:31 OFF 4:46 (15 mins)
                                      ON 4:46 OFF 4:54 ( 8 mins)
                                      ON 4:59 OFF 5:15 (15 mins)
                                      ON 5:16 OFF 5:23 ( 7 mins)
                                      Will try the fan next, be back shortly.

Comment

Okay, I had to run to Wal-Mart & then fix dinner so I turned it off while I was gone. T.V. was off for 2 hrs 23 mins. I've started the next test with t.v. still propped up & fan blowing between it & the wall. Now, I'm just waiting to lose picture. It's been almost an hour & a half.
                                        ON 7:49

Comment

It's been on with the fan blowing from 7:49 to 1:49, (almost 6 hours straight) without a hitch. I'm going to bed, hopefully it will still be on in the morning. I will let you know.

Comment

Working...
                                          X