Palit NVidia 9500Gt - Fixed DirectX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palit NVidia 9500Gt - Fixed DirectX

I have a 1.5year old palit 9500GT card that has errors on DirectX when playing black ops or Americas army. On BO the error occurs right after loading the level and on AA3 the error was random. Searched the net for fixes but nothing seems to fix it.

Today while i was logging in i noticed vertical lines on a balloon popup on the system tray and area around it for a few seconds. This was the first occurrence of that artifact and i stopped oc'ng my 9500 a long time ago.

i panicked a bit and immediately turned off the pc. got the card out and visually checked for bad caps. i saw one nichicon cap sitting near the memory chips slightly lifted off the board like the rubber was pushed and without hesitation i pushed it sideways to take it off. i said to my self what in the hell i just did

the two legs like chicken drumstick was left which i used as a soldering point. i found it difficult to remove caps from gfx cards and mobos with just a cheap iron so this method is bit easier.

reseated the card on the pcie slot and fired my computer and i was delighted to see the post screen up to the login without any artifacts. BO runs with no errors and keeps on going for hours now

Attached Files
    Last edited by oktopusprime; 07-22-2012, 12:53 AM.
Working...
X