Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: toshiba regza no picture

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
    "them 2 small diodes are they supposed to measure the same as other diodes infinity or O.L 1 way & a reading the other way cos these 2 diodes have readings both ways..thx"

Which diodes? Probably yes or at least a big difference - can you unsolder one leg

Electrotanya - if you are not registered only allows two downloads (or attempted downloads per day) Im not registered and often double click and get two downloads of the same item "!!£"$%^"
    There is only 2 diodes on the underside that measure O.L & a reading all the other diodes measure readings both ways..im hoping they are supposed to do that cos that is some steady hand desoldering..thx

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      I'm not sure they are fusible links as you would only have a few of them on the board and only near PSU inputs and things like USB... ???
      Indeed there are many .
      From the schematic they sit at the input to and from every regulator and
      critical chip Vcc,there are quit a few supplies on this board...
      2 x 3.3 v
      1 X 5V
      1 X 1.2V
      1 X 1.8V
      1 X 2.6V

All derived from the PSU @
      1 X 5v
      1 X 12v
      1 X 18v (audio)
      1 X 24v high current for the supply

All "FL" components read very low ohms as would a fuse.
      All inductors are designated with an "L"

Edit found them...typical one BKP2125HS221-T
      220 ohm ferrite bead inline
      Where they are placed would act as a fuse during an OL situation !
      Most of the time things ain't what they seem to be

Comment

Originally posted by S2udio View Post
        Indeed there are many .
        From the schematic they sit at the input to and from every regulator and
        critical chip Vcc,there are quit a few supplies on this board...
        2 x 3.3 v
        1 X 5V
        1 X 1.2V
        1 X 1.8V
        1 X 2.6V

All derived from the PSU @
        1 X 5v
        1 X 12v
        1 X 18v (audio)
        1 X 24v high current for the supply

All "FL" components read very low ohms as would a fuse.
        All inductors are designated with an "L"

Edit found them...typical one BKP2125HS221-T
        220 ohm ferrite bead inline
        Where they are placed would act as a fuse during an OL situation !
        Ive only gone an bollocked this board up
        I was removing a leg on a diode to test & ive caught a tiny smd cap i think that was along side it..so i tried to solder it bk & sort of lost it...so its defo another board now...that micro small soldering stinks!!!thx anyways guys

Comment

Originally posted by sienoki View Post
          Ive only gone an bollocked this board up
          I was removing a leg on a diode to test & ive caught a tiny smd cap i think that was along side it..so i tried to solder it bk & sort of lost it...so its defo another board now...that micro small soldering stinks!!!thx anyways guys
          Got hold of a 37av55d model with smashed screen for 25quid cos the mainboards are the same..fitted board into 32" and the picture comes on but its not right..i can only discribe it like in the film predator the different visions the alien has..theres nowt loose so i dont know what to try..the only way to nearly have a good picture is to turn the contrast to 0 & thats in every mode ie dynamic/movie etc..
          Attached Files

Comment

Got hold of a 37av55d model with smashed screen for 25quid cos the mainboards are the same..fitted board into 32" and the picture comes on but its not right..i can only discribe it like in the film predator the different visions the alien has..theres nowt loose so i dont know what to try..the only way to nearly have a good picture is to turn the contrast to 0 & thats in every mode ie dynamic/movie etc..
            This is caused by having the panel model # set incorrectly.

Go into the service menu and adjust the panel settings until the picture restores.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

This is caused by having the panel model # set incorrectly.

Go into the service menu and adjust the panel settings until the picture restores.
              Tom is the sevice menu a sequence on the remote? if so i dont suppose you know the sequence fella..thx

Comment

Tom is the sevice menu a sequence on the remote? if so i dont suppose you know the sequence fella..thx
                No, I don't know the code.

Got the service manual?
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No, I don't know the code.

Got the service manual?
                  Got the code but cant open owt up to change
                  Attached Files

Comment

You're going to have to squint to see the text but it's just about there.

Look in the service manual for configuration of panel options. Looks like you have to set variables individually.

Comment

You're going to have to squint to see the text but it's just about there.

Look in the service manual for configuration of panel options. Looks like you have to set variables individually.
                      Will try to get service manual & take it from there thx

Comment

Will try to get service manual & take it from there thx
                        Cant get the manual from ET i tried before & keep getting same friggin login error..ive downloaded from ET before with no probs

Comment

Cant get the manual from ET i tried before & keep getting same friggin login error..ive downloaded from ET before with no probs
                          see pic
                          Attached Files

Comment

see pic
                            Try another browser?

Comment

i just re read your post you have found the service menu code now but i will still post it may help others
                              Toshiba LCD Service Menu Code 1.Press the {MENU} button on the remote.
                              2.Highlight the "Picture" icon.
                              3.Press the {9} {3} {0} {1} buttons on the remote.
                              {OK} button will access/navigate through modes
                              {VOL +}, {VOL-}, {P+} & {P-} buttons move through options and change values
                              4.To exit, press the {MENU} button.

Comment

Try another browser?
                                Yep used firefox now got the files..been up since 4.30am doh
                                Whats with this zeus?..its just crassed my pc..why arnt things straight forward anymore!!!
                                Last edited by sienoki; 04-21-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Yep used firefox now got the files..been up since 4.30am doh
                                  Whats with this zeus?..its just crassed my pc..why arnt things straight forward anymore!!!
                                  Dont suppose any1 knows how to install this zeus correctly..ALL I WANT TO DO IS READ THIS FRIGGIN SERVICE MANUAL..thx

Comment

What is zeus? why are you trying to instal it?

To download the service manual

IE9, chrome, and firefox's latest versions should all work

To open the service manual

adobe reader , or nitro pdf .

those are for pc though, if you have a mac why are you even trying to fix shit, everything just a disposable electronic.
                                    Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

Originally posted by cashkennedy View Post
                                      What is zeus? why are you trying to instal it?

To download the service manual

IE9, chrome, and firefox's latest versions should all work

To open the service manual

adobe reader , or nitro pdf .

those are for pc though, if you have a mac why are you even trying to fix shit, everything just a disposable electronic.
                                      Whats ur problem!!the zeus program is needed to beable to read this toshiba manual..its not the same as all others from ET..i try fixing shit so i dont crack up..so thx 4 ur input

Comment

You need this to read the service manual for some stupid bloody reason:

http://elektrotanya.com/toshiba_zeus.../download.html

Comment

Hehe sorry it was just a joke about mac people being idiots (wasnt aimed at you in particular as im pretty sure you have a PC)

What file ending is the file you downloaded?

Or does the file you downloaded from elektro tanya just have an exe that the manual is part of?
                                          Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

Working...
                                          X