Need a replacement power supply with -5VDC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need a replacement power supply with -5VDC

Kloner? that's crap, that's for sure, sometimes you can find decent power supplies in old pentium-4 era OEM computers, mostly FSP, delta or bestec (about 300-350 watt), if not have a look at ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Tic View Post
      The needing of -5v line,In this notherboard is a urban legend i don't know why this thing was expanded years ago along with pci cards 2.3 incompatibilidad But there are in the begining and belive It to
      the reason the p4c800 and p4c800-e boards failed to start was because of the junk ost caps that asus liked to use on those boards along with a lack of esd protection on the southbridge. this can cause the board to play dead until u either left it aside for awhile or performed a clear cmos trick to force the board to turn on.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
        the reason the p4c800 and p4c800-e boards failed to start was because of the junk ost caps that asus liked to use on those boards along with a lack of esd protection on the southbridge. this can cause the board to play dead until u either left it aside for awhile or performed a clear cmos trick to force the board to turn on.

Then what is exactly the problem with my board?, he have strage semi-freezes ocasionally.

Take in mind my low voltages.

With bios 1024, Ocasionally when boot, when it star windows xp after load all programs it freezes, but not freeze completely.

I mean, i can't open a program, it not respond to double click. Only one thing works the window of ctrl+alt+supr

From then i can swith off the pc from windows. But it take along 30 minutes to swith it off as is speed was 0,1 mhz. (but cpu load is marked as 0%).

Then i downgrade bios to 1023, until today it not repeat it.

But today after hours of use it, using at same time firefox and satellite tv card (progdvb) asus prob and occt it freeze. But tv card continue working. I can't open nothing new,firefox not work. But i can change the open programs with alt+tab and the programs works.

But this time i made a reset.(reset with button in pc case). After reset the pc not boot (black screen) without bios screen and hdd led on. No matter how many times i reset it using the button, it not boot.

But after i switch off/on the power button in the case(the case not the power supply switch). Pc back to normal state and it boot normal.

:P
        Last edited by Tic; 12-16-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

it sounds like bad caps on the board like i said but u may also have a failing hard disk. check the hard disk for reallocated or pending sectors.

so its no surprise the combination of a crap psu plus crap caps on mobo cause all these weird issues on your board. if u wanna use a junk psu, fine. but u have to recap the board with quality caps like japcaps; if u wanna leave the junk ost caps on the board, fine. but u have to use a good quality japcap power supply or a good quality old school power supply recapped with japcaps.
          Last edited by ChaosLegionnaire; 12-18-2016, 12:21 AM.

Comment

I made a update. My technimax die. Not explote, simply he not turn on until 20 minutes when computer is off.

Now i have a mstech 750w modular. I know is not a good psu, and It not have 750w of course.But he works and freeze have dissappear. So the capacitators in the board are fine . The problem was the psu.

The new have old design,he not have dc conversión with límit watage un 3.3v line, It not have ,-5v .

I have only one little problem in the motherboard. One of the SATA plastic port. Go out the pins when a sata wire is connected. The port is fine and working. It can be paste to the motherboard?. What i should use to do that?.
            Last edited by Tic; 06-04-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
              Well, OK. I'll be darned. No other motherboard in the world without ISA slots requires a -5V rail. ( to ASUS for that one).
              I can confirm that and add it's not just ASUS. I had MSI and Gigabyte boards do that as well. I've yet to find out why.
              Main rig:
              Gigabyte B75M-D3H
              Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
              Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
              16GB DDR3-1600
              Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
              FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
              120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
              Delux MG760 case

Comment

Working...
              X