Samsung PN5D550C1F 5 second/1 second blink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN5D550C1F 5 second/1 second blink

Looking for some advice with this unit, it's been driving me crazy.

TV is having the error in which it does not turn on, but the green LED on the control board repeats lit 5 seconds, off 1 second. I figured it was probably either the X and Y boards and was trying to get it out of my hair pretty quick so just ordered one of each. Both came with VS shorts, which was fun.

Anyway, I've tried unplugging X and then unplugging Y. The TV will blink the normal 1 second interval only if all ribbons and connections to X and Y are unplugged. Otherwise it does the 5/1 blink.

These are the listed parameters:
    VS - 207
    VA - 58
    VE - 80

With all X and Y connections disconnected, I'm getting all good readings. I did notice that PS_ON between power and main/control boards jumps to 177 volts with the unit turned on, 2.9 with unit off. I'm not too familiar with what the nominal on reading for this is.

With the Y connected, I'm getting relay click and:
    VS - Spike to 206 then drops
    VA - Spike to 60 then
    VE - Spike to 105 then drops
    15 Volt to Y Main is good

This is the same with Y and X both connected. I tested Y Buffer for shorts, but it checked out good. Can't find any shorted MOSFETs or diodes on Y or X either.

Any help as to where I should go from here would be appreciated. I'm just really getting into this stuff, so trying to learn and absorb all I can.

Thanks!

Re: Samsung PN5D550C1F 5 second/1 second blink

Anybody wanna take a stab at it? Model is PN51D550C1F. Couldn't find any shorts on Y Buf, Y Main, or X Main. Voltages drop to 0 with Y plugged in, are okay with nothing plugged into power board. Would the TV detect the X Main not being plugged in and shut itself off? Just trying to find which board is bad. I've ordered a new power board, Y Main, and X Main so far. Y Main and X Main both came shorted.

Any ideas?

Comment

Your testing has one strange result in that ps-on normally 5v dropping to nought when activated . There may also be a vs-on to measure it goes the other way but in any case all seems to be working. While the tests indicate y or x problem I have seen one post where power board was the problem. From around 2011 Vs etc only stay on for about 3sec as protection kicks in.Samsung Tech Talk late 2010 into 2011 has a plasma tutorial - Google it if interested.

Comment

If your post gets to 3rd page from latest page your chances of input to your problem will reduce. Samsung mainly Ysus at fault.
        Last edited by maxvalutech; 06-22-2017, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Try this guide. Sounds like th eproblem is still to do with the x or y but I thought these later sets had issues with Xmains. And yes a Max mentioned , disconnection of either with shutdown Vs.
          Attached Files

Comment

i have the same tv it comes on fine then shuts off after 2 mins ive replaced the y and x mains nothing changed i tried a powersupply but the used one i got wouldnt even turn the set on vs and va are reading good til the set shuts down can a logic board cause this issue or should i keep looking for a power supply there like hens teeth lol

Comment

you could try running the test patterns. disconnect the lvds that goes to the main board and on the control board, jump pin 3 and 4. this should bring up the test patterns. let it run and see if it stays on.
              WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Working...
              X