V7 D22W12 Monitor Color Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V7 D22W12 Monitor Color Issues

Hey Badcaps, another question regarding my revived 22" monitor.

Previously, I had a 2 seconds to black issue on a monitor I knew nothing else about.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61415

Here is the thread on that. I am a novice on board repair, and took the monitor apart, replaced the obviously failed cap, put 'er back together, and have been using it ever since.

Very intermittently, and I can't find a pattern to why it happens, but the monitor will occasionally botch the colors. I get pinks and greens where they simply don't belong. The entire display just gets the colors wrong for a spell, then without any tweaking on my part, they'll go back to normal. I do always have a few vertical green pixelly lines on an all black screen. I account that to leaking LCDs?

I'm not sure if there is any fixing this color confusion. Is this another symptom of junk caps? I only replaced one cap, the others appeared okay, and I don't have the knowledge/tooling to otherwise test the other caps. Is it possible recapping the whole board will fix this issue? It seems to be getting more frequent and obnoxious.

Re: V7 D22W12 Monitor Color Issues

Sound like a dirty LVDS cable, go back in replace all capacitors and clean LVDS cable with alcohol.

Comment

Huge thanks 1supertech, my display is 100% perfect now. The vertical lines I thought might be dead LCDs are cured too. Those lines were present prior when the colors were good or bad. No color issues thus far, the color doesn't need to be tweaked in the LCD Menu buttons any more, and those lines are gone.

While it looks like the ribbon going to the LCD was attached, the one side tang/hook wasn't clicked into place. I removed the ribbon, cleaned it with alcohol and reattached it making sure that the hook clicked. It took surprising force with a screw driver to make that happen, and while the ribbon does not appear to be any more engaged than before, the LCD is flawless so far. Thank you sir!

Comment

Glad it worked out for you.

Comment

Working...
        X