Insignia 32" LCD TV Model# NS-32LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Insignia 32" LCD TV Model# NS-32LCD

yup i think you hit it right on the nose. The total number of caps that i would need to replace would be around 19 on the logic board. the cost of theses are 3.39 to 4.85 a piece. compaired to ordering a complete logic board at 233.95. I guess it's really up to me if i wanna change all these, unless you have a better option for me, maybe a cheaper price. dave

Comment

Originally posted by davidlm1967 View Post
      The total number of caps that i would need to replace would be around 19 on the logic board. the cost of theses are 3.39 to 4.85 a piece. compaired to ordering a complete logic board at 233.95.

unless you have a better option for me, maybe a cheaper price
      Try pricing it at digikey.com or here. I don't think badcaps.net though will have the variety that you need.

Caps at digikey range from 10 cents to $1.50. Follow PlainBill's instructions at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...33&postcount=2

Just choose Panasonic FM or FC series for now to get a budget estimate. I bet it will be $15 total with shipping.

RadioShack probably charges $4 a cap, but not the online stores like digikey.com or mouser.com.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I have bought from Digikey, and if you select first class USPS shipping, its like $2 and it comes in 2 days! At least to DFW area... I also bet that the caps on the power supply were 105c, and the ones on the logic board were 85c because the power supply would get much hotter than the logic board. I have my power supply right here and they are all 105c caps on it original... Don't have my logic board handy, sorry. BUT I did just order all the caps on my power supply board (less the large one) as well as other caps and parts for another power supply I'm working on and the total with shipping was less than $16...

I'm a big fan of if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But I really hate when it is broke, and I CAN"T fix it... LOL Your caps on the logic board may not actually be bad. Don't take that away from this conversation. What I was saying was, you replaced your caps with less than quality, and now you have problems again. It was only a "what if" your caps are bad that you replaced, you could try higher quality caps, and it is still a minimal cost repair/upgrade. I am using Panasonic FM or FC for now (one was cheaper and lasted longer, don't remember which).

Comment

Originally posted by ajsemtb View Post
          I'm a big fan of if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
          Additionally, if one sucks at soldering and has cheap solder equipment like myself, replacing 19 caps may do more damage than good. :-)
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I just checked my logic board, all 85c. I wouldn't worry about those being faulty unless they are bulging..

Comment

Hello all. I got my parts in today, and it still doesn't work. :/ I replaced the (3) 35V 1000uF caps, (3) 25V 1000uF caps, a 16V 470uF cap, and the start up cap 25V 10uF. There are still a few caps I could replace, but the issue is none are/were bulged at all... I also replaced the 5A fuse that I talked about, and that fixed the problem with the pins, but not the screen turning on.

I have 24.3V at all points that are supposed to have 24V, I have 4.95V +-.01v at all points that are supposed to have 5V (I'm referring to all ribbon cables that have markings next to them), but I have 16.7V at all pins that are marked 12V now... Does that indicate a problem? Also, at FU502 location (the 5A fuse I just replaced) I have the same 16.7V there as well, and 24.3V at the FU503 location (which I assume feeds all the 24v leads...)

SO, now what? Do I start pulling Poly caps and ceramic caps? Do I go ahead and replace the 2 or 3 more little caps that are left?

David, when plugged in, do you get any power readings on your power supply anywhere?
              Attached Files

Comment

So I take it the fuse that you replaced must have shorted out when you were testing,and wasn't the original problem.Does the standby light change color?Any different from the what it was before you started fixing it?Have you tried replacing the large capacitor on the power board?I'm guessing if you are getting the voltages that you say,that it should be still good.I could be wrong.I hope this helps.Thank You very much!

Tyler

Comment

When you get the new 450V 150UF capacitor,I think you will be surprised to see how much the bottom on the old one swelled out.I bet if you shake the old one it rattles too.Hopefully this should get yours going.Thank You very much!
                  Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by 70JUDGE View Post
                    So I take it the fuse that you replaced must have shorted out when you were testing,

Damn those shorted out fuses!!! Damn them all to hell!!!
                    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

i actually took the 450v 150uf out and just the top is a lil bubbled up. also when i tested the fu502 fuse i only got 6v out of it. everything else on the power board is 24v. also when i hook up the cables to the logic board i loose all volts to the power board.

Comment

Judge, technically, the standby light does change. It is red when off, and turns to blue when on, however mine never, or at least not since a couple months after I got it has it changed. I'm sure the LED just died or something, but the TV has worked fine without that diode, so I'm sure its just decorative and nothing related to the TV function. What I want to know is why would I be getting 16V when I'm only supposed to be getting 12V? Is that a bad resistor, or transistor, or what does a mosfet do? Are their regulators somewhere that could be failing? Honestly, the power supply for this board is $50 shipped, so I have to carefully decide how much time and money I'm going to invest in fixing this, but I would really like to if I can find a way to test parts. Alas I don't have a capacitance meter though... :/ Any thoughts anyone?

Comment

I have the insignia ns lcd 32, it kept blowing a fuse when I put one in, it turned out to be a rectifier on the power board (us8k 80r). I replace it with a 200v rectifier but now I have no sound. anyone have any ideas out there. I am getting 24 dcv over to the analog board where the speaker wires come out, but I can not find anything wrong with the analog board. Thanks

Comment

I have an Insignia LCD 32. It powers on but all the buttons are locked up. I can't change channels, volume or input functions, etc. Otherwise picture is great and can change channels on the cable box. TV repair guy fixed it once by replacing the buttons module (even though I broke the buttons from squeezing them after the symptoms showed). I didn't think replacing the buttons would have fixed it - but it started working again. 6 months later - same problem. This time TV Repair guy said time to replace Main (mother) board. We could only find ONE main board online - in the whole country - unbelievable. It showed up - and it didn't fix the porblem. TV Repair Guy said the new Main board was defective and gave me back my broken tv - cause he couldn't find another Main Board. I still think it isn't the main board - but what could it be? Can't even access the Service Menu. Any ideas - its the only tv that fits in our armoire - perfectly. Thank you so much!

Comment

Judge, technically, the standby light does change. It is red when off, and turns to blue when on, however mine never, or at least not since a couple months after I got it has it changed. I'm sure the LED just died or something, but the TV has worked fine without that diode, so I'm sure its just decorative and nothing related to the TV function. What I want to know is why would I be getting 16V when I'm only supposed to be getting 12V? Is that a bad resistor, or transistor, or what does a mosfet do? Are their regulators somewhere that could be failing? Honestly, the power supply for this board is $50 shipped, so I have to carefully decide how much time and money I'm going to invest in fixing this, but I would really like to if I can find a way to test parts. Alas I don't have a capacitance meter though... :/ Any thoughts anyone?
                              Did you get this TV to work?

I have similar problems with an NS-LCD37 Insignia and would like to know whether you were successful in repairing yours and what the final verdict was.

Thanks,

Ren

Comment

I have a 667-27FB26-20 power board that looks to have a bad fuse (FU502) and what looks like bad caps (1000μf, 35V-bulging and 820μf, 35V-slight bulge). I am going to get the parts at Frys and see if I can resurect this unit on a Saturday night. Otherwise, I found the board dirt-cheap at TSM ( http://www.tristatemodule.com/p-2130...er-supply.aspx) for $20.95. I have to go out-of-town tomorrow so gambling on the parts is my only option tonight, since I don't think my wife can install the new board while I am gone.

So, I will post results later tonight and be ordering the replacement board if necessary

Comment

Originally posted by zimbricd View Post
                                  I have a 667-27FB26-20 power board that looks to have a bad fuse (FU502) and what looks like bad caps (1000μf, 35V-bulging and 820μf, 35V-slight bulge). I am going to get the parts at Frys and see if I can resurect this unit on a Saturday night. Otherwise, I found the board dirt-cheap at TSM ( http://www.tristatemodule.com/p-2130...er-supply.aspx) for $20.95. I have to go out-of-town tomorrow so gambling on the parts is my only option tonight, since I don't think my wife can install the new board while I am gone.

So, I will post results later tonight and be ordering the replacement board if necessary
                                  Sorry I missed the post. Fry's doesn't carry caps of sufficient quality to do the repair.

PlainBill
                                  For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I too had a similar problem to Davidlm1967.
                                    NS-32lcd would not power on until the caps charged. If I listened real close to the speakers, you could hear what the PCB was doing.
                                    After letting it sit attempting to turn on for 30 min to an hour, the tv would power on after pressing the power button twice (once to turn it off then turn it back on).
                                    I also took it apart and methodically looked at all the caps, with no signs of bad caps.
                                    After replacing the PCB with one from http://www.tristatemodule.com The TV worked fine. The cost was 24.99 with $5 snail mail shipping. Although the part number i used was 667-32FB26-20.
                                    Thanks everyone, this thread saved me a ton of money.

Comment

Originally posted by bob153575 View Post
                                      NS-32lcd would not power on until the caps charged...

...the part number i used was 667-32FB26-20.

Davidlm1967 has the NS-LCD32, same as me.

"667-32FB26-20"

Is this the power supply part number for the "NS-32LCD" of the OP and your post?

Or is it the power supply part number for the "NS-LCD32" that Davidlm1967 and I own?

I also want to save a ton of money!

Comment

forums rule for the DIYer

...Does anyone have experience with this problem or similar?
                                        After researching the internet I answered my own question. The PCB for my Insignia NS-LCD32 is the part number 667-32HA37-20. This is according to a picture of the board at Shopjimmy.com. My board and the one pictured both have the card number 782.32HU25-200C 2007.05.25 VER:07. Hope this info helps others.

My TV would not turn on. The green LED would strobe very faintly as the "Power" button was pushed, but nothing else. The wife and I tried for an hour and nothing so out to the garage it went.

Emboldened by the OP, I tried some voltage readings and found 3.2V on the 3rd pin from the ON. I "read" the big 450V 150mf cap both directions with my DMM, put a pencil eraser to some messy solder joints and wiggled all the components.

So I screwed all the boards back down and tried to turn the TV on and Voila! it works!

I saved a ton of money! Thanks everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by bob153575 View Post
                                          Thank you for posting the symptom of the problem (Sound) your set made and the detailed replacement part order information. I ordered from the same vendor you mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                          X