NEC PlasmaSync 50XP10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEC PlasmaSync 50XP10

Have one of these displays, unit powers up, but there is no display.

I am thinking in the power supply or one of the boards controlling the plasma. But unfamiliar with the plasma technology.

SO I thought I would drop a line on here and see if anyone else has one of these units and if there is known problems that can be easily fixed.

I can tell you there is one board in the screen that has 4 led's on it, only three of them are lit up. When first powered on they flash. after about 2 or 3 min then they stay lit.

So what can anyone tell me regarding this unit?

Does anyone know where one can obtain the schematics?

Like i said did google search, found nothing listed as known problems with these screens. Of course I may have looked in the wrong places.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Re: NEC PlasmaSync 50XP10

I realized that I might need to be more clear here so here is further information.

Plug unit into wall, LED power light is red (standby mode), press the power on button led power light turn green and you audibly hear a click, most likely some sort of relay or something. However there is no picture. Press menu or any other key, again still no picture. LED on front stays green.

The LEDS refered to in previous message are on a board located under the video board.

I can tell you there are two large boards, one on the left and one on the right, and I know these control the axis of the screen. Then there is a smaller board that is mounted towards the bottom of the chasis and both of these large boards connect into it.

Then beside this smaller board is another board and this board is the one with the 4 LED lights on it, of which there are only 3 that are illuminated. Just above these two boards is of course the larger power board. All power comes off of these board.

Now I can tell you that I found two fuses on the large axis board on the left. I did check them and they were ok. I also measured the voltage by putting red lead on F1 and black lead on F2 and I measured a voltage of about 130Vdc.

My guess is something on one of the axis control cards or power supply. That seems to be the two common faults from what I can gather.

I think that is about all for now. If you wish I can take other measurements and post the data here.

Thanks again

Comment

After looking at the power board, I noticed that several caps were damaged. However not finding a schematic for the board has made it difficult to know if anything else is damaged. Here is a list of the 3300 mF 10V caps that were damaged, and a list of the 1000 mF 10V caps that were damaged.

201, 202, 203, 227, 271,272, 275, 281, 282, 283

The power board is REV 1.1 EAX32241201 YPSU-J013A LG PN: AAX30284301

The problem is that the unit turn on and off using the power button, you can see the status of the LED indicator change. You can hear the relay click on and off. But not matter what there is no picture at all.

Please HELP. Thank you.

Comment

Maybe an admin can move this to or you should post this in the section titled Troubleshooting TVs and Video Sources. You are asking for help in the Troubleshooting Computer Displays forum.

Comment

jayoung, I am asking in this forum because of the fact that it is indeed a computer display. Granted it is a 50 in display but still it only has the connections on for VGA 15 pin, HDMI, and another choice just done remember what it is.

Comment

I mention that mainly for the fact that this is a plasma screen versus an LCD. The plasma issues that I have seen for troubleshooting have been in the TVs and Video Sources.

Comment

Ok well here is the latest round of updates for this screen. I have measured all voltages off of the power board. I have referenced the voltages with either the name plate inside the monitor or the silk screen printing on the board. Here is what I have.

Vs should be 60 is 60.3
              Va should be 190 is 190.1
              V1 should be 24 is 23.85
              V2 should be 12 is 11.96
              V3 should be 5 is 5.01
              V4 should be 3.3 is 3.41
              V5 should be 9 is 8.97

All of these rating are in my humble opinion good.

Now there is a plug that connects up to the one board it appears to be some sort of Inputs and outputs connection. When the monitor is turned on here is the voltage reading from that plug and the names associate with each pin.

ACd 4.73
              RLon 4.73
              5Vacd 4.99
              DET 3.19
              VSon 4.73
              5Vd 5.01
              Gnd 0

The only signal that seems out of tolerance here is the DET. I am thinking it should be close to 5 like the rest of them. But again no schematics or anything like that I can not be certain.

Also the other thing to note, there is a board that connects to both the left and right sustain boards. THis board has 4 LED's on it, they have the numbers zero through 3 printed on the board. Only 0, 1 and 2 light up, 3 never lights up. SO this might be contributing to the reason why I have no display. Again not sure.

So anyone want to chime in and lend some advice? PLEASE.....

Comment

Working...
              X