http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quGs3q9nsA8

Funny how the picture has a stamp, tatoo-supplies
    How much did you pay for it?

Comment

Re: new toy

£50 but think should be ok i hope ?

Comment

the pic is not place i got it from lol SMD Soldering Rework Station Hot Air & Iron 852D+ 5Tips ESD PLCC High Quality F
        Attached Files

Comment

That's dirt cheap!
          I think those tips on the soldering iron are interchangeable with the ones from hakko 936.

Comment

Originally posted by 3d0 View Post
            That's dirt cheap!
            I think those tips on the soldering iron are interchangeable with the ones from hakko 936.
            thats new aswell they have gd feed bk on these do you think tips will be ok or do you have link for better tips
            Last edited by tonyuk; 02-26-2014, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyuk View Post
              £50 but think should be ok i hope ?
              True price in China about 40$ USD

I am aware that a huge cargo boat unloaded to UK huge numbers of those and similar.
              Of all sort of brands.

Chinese people are acting as sellers in UK, and even offer free shipping.
              A complete Hot Air handle replacement cost less than 8$ USD.
              My Advice, seek for one of these.

This 60W soldering iron is useless for motherboards, and five layer PCB.
              When you will think that you do not need toys any more, you will move to a 90W one which it does using very specific spare parts, and they are more robust.
              Last edited by Kiriakos GR; 03-01-2014, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
                This 60W soldering iron is useless for motherboards, and five layer PCB.
                with original iron tip yes!

i got mine for almost 4 years.
                i change the tip with the large one the first (top) and it can handle anything
                of course i got a gordak 952a but the iron its still the same .(heat element)

"is useless for motherboards"
                Yes! it is useless if you don`t know how to use your tools.
                if someone shows some tricks how to do it with low budget tools you can do it even with heated NAIL.
                Attached Files
                Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

thanks dj do have a link for parts i could use to upgrade many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ricoh View Post
                    with original iron tip yes!
                    Heat transfer improvements cannot bring back to you 90W of heating power, no matter how powerful magician you are.

" 60W is useless for motherboards"
                    Yes! it is useless if you don`t know how to use your tools.
                    if someone shows some tricks how to do it with low budget tools you can do it even with heated NAIL.
                    When time is not an important parameter I can use an magnifying glass and sun rays so to heat ten nails together.
                    Therefore I am a better magician than you.

Comment

I have a chinese smd rework station MASTER 852 ( Same build with different names ) , but sadly the soldering iron is too weak.

Comment

Heat transfer improvements cannot bring back to you 90W of heating power, no matter how powerful magician you are.

When time is not an important parameter I can use an magnifying glass and sun rays so to heat ten nails together.
                        i agree with you
                        that's why they made high end tools
                        a better productivity

Comment

You must have the hands of a fat Turkish lady if you need 90W to desolder from motherboards and 5-layer PCBs.
                          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

[offtopic] 5 layer PCBs are rarer than hens teeth. Layer counts above 1 are even because of how the boards are made - symmetrically - no point in cutting a layer off.
                            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                              You must have the hands of a fat Turkish lady if you need 90W to desolder from motherboards and 5-layer PCBs.
                              You must have the brain of a Jewish fat lady if you can think that even 90W are easy to be transferred as thermal energy when using a tiny SMD-compatible soldering tip.

Therefore in this difficulty when the soldering iron is capable for rapid recovery due thermal loss as all those 400 - 600$ soldering stations, you do have in your side a major advantage.
                              And If you spend about 170$ for one ATTEN AT90DH, your wallet accepts another 250$ advantage too.

Comment

i agree with you
                                that's why they made high end tools
                                a better productivity
                                Yes now that you are at the right track , I will just remind to all readers that industry leads the train of tecnology, and to us (the repair man) there is only one choice, if we will show cooperation so to become part of it, or denial in getting the proper tools and knowledge about engaging with it.

Productivity it is not actualy translate with money and profitability, productivity saves you even time that you could spend with your girl friend, or with friends, or with your kids.

Comment

i think that a proper tool is the beginning of the stage.
                                  you can`t appreciate the best tool even if someone hits you in the head if don`t know how to use it.
                                  i think that the low budget tools are made for that thing only. To "play" around.
                                  only if manage to pass that stage and do incredible things with it, you can really appreciate the value of a great Tool.

I got a question witch do you prefer to learn with the best tool or the lowest?
                                  i think that it depends of the situation.

Comment

There is one parameter which many they do ignore.
                                    This called as quality of service, if for example I try to de-solder and re-solder one part for thee times and the PCB pads start getting destroyed... this is 100% due my stupidity of not using the right tools for the job.
                                    The inappropriate in quality tools causing damage, and this damages your personal reputation as repair man.

When performing any repair I do offer a warranty period to my customer so to gain additional trust and loyalty.

You can not have such high expectations about keeping close your customers when you use an axe instead of a fine blade.

Training helps when you misusing a perfectly made tool for the job, but when comes down handling an axe, no one can teach you how to slice cheese with it.

In conclusion, we do have a choice about selecting our tools, but only among the ones which are fine blades.
                                    Therefore when I become mad in forums, is because there is around many fake doctors which their ego and reactions damages the young ones heads in adapting healthy principals which will help them to advance and win in that constant competition which called as life.

Comment

90w iron?

So far, my hakko 888d (65w per manufacturer) has been able to handle anything i have thrown at it. AFAIK, the extra wattage just gets your recovery time faster. It goes from cold to 450c in under 20 seconds.

I have also soldered, slowly, with a 30w pen iron.

What does extra wattage get you?

Comment

The ability to destroy components even faster.

I've done whole boards with a trusty Antex 690SD, it's a 65W iron. 0603 etc. No difficulty whatsoever. Only way it struggles is with big through hole components (like LG plasma IPMs), but for those you're better off using a high power unregulated iron.
                                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
                                        X