Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: toshiba regza no picture

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
    What do you mean by OL, what range did you have meter on?
    The Fluke 77, built before you were born, is only (by today's standard) 2.5 second display update speed and 3200 count multimeter. Modern Flukes are now 4 second display update speed and 6000 count.

Since both readings, 3.27 and 3.28, are beyond the Fluke 77's first range (likely 3.2V) this causes it to display 0L. The Fluke 77 then moves or autoranges to the next highest range (likely 32V) and finally displays 3.27.

Your BK 2709 is a 6600 count multimeter and would display the readings without the 0L.

edit: Too slow typing. You already knew the answer.
    Last edited by retiredcaps; 04-10-2012, 07:03 AM. Reason: typo, grammar
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

That is normal for an autoranging meter. Assuming those regulators contain "33" in their part #, they are fine.

Are there any other regulators? Like these:
      http://www.ictradenet.com/models_pic...PAK,TO-252.jpg
      http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...4/4f/D2PAK.JPG
      http://www.national.com/images/pkg/mp04a.jpg
      http://media.digikey.com/photos/Rohm...B1132T100R.JPG

Anything you see that looks like those could be a regulator, so note down the part # and test the pins.
      Nowt else on board looking like those if there is they will be very small..thx
      There is 1 jamicon 25v 1000uf on this board are they crap caps
      Last edited by sienoki; 04-10-2012, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sienoki View Post
        Nowt else on board looking like those if there is they will be very small..thx
        There is 1 jamicon 25v 1000uf on this board are they crap caps
        Jamicon are "okay" caps. I wouldn't trust them on the output side of an SMPS, but they are okay for general purpose use as they are probably used in this case.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Jamicon are "okay" caps. I wouldn't trust them on the output side of an SMPS, but they are okay for general purpose use as they are probably used in this case.
          I will keep looking out for a replacement board..i will probably still be looking by the time tom comes to leeds unithx anyways guys

Comment

One potential cause of this problem is a damaged crystal oscillator - unfortunately, you would need a scope to determine this.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

One potential cause of this problem is a damaged crystal oscillator - unfortunately, you would need a scope to determine this.
              How many of them oscillators will be on this board?.. r they cheap & easy to replace..thx

Comment

How many of them oscillators will be on this board?.. r they cheap & easy to replace..thx
                Usually one oscillator per processor. One for audio, one for CPU, one for video, one for DVB... Yes cheap and easy to replace if not SMD (most aren't.)

Comment

there is one at x1301 a metal box near the hdmi socket.

Question chaps In pic 4 post 13 bottom right corner there is a component FL981
                  wasted an hour this pm looking for the wiki list of component designations and when I found it FL isnt on. Any idea what it is?
                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                    Question chaps In pic 4 post 13 bottom right corner there is a component FL981
                    wasted an hour this pm looking for the wiki list of component designations and when I found it FL isnt on. Any idea what it is?
                    It means filter or ferrite.

Comment

Hi guys my first belated post here !
                      Crt TV tech in my younger days .
                      Any thing electronic tech now !

I have one of these on the bench at the mo,but the 37AV555
                      Same boards etc
                      PSU board no SRV2169WW
                      Main AV board PE0630
                      Mine has a stuck in standby fault (due to the micro not sending a power TV
                      sig back to the PSU)AC det, 5V OK,Power on to PSU ok ,but the second TV on signal from the micro ...no go ?
                      With the PSU disconected it can be forced to fire up the 24v high current
                      rail ...so it appears its not the PSU,as all rails are present 5v-12v-18v-24v
                      Anyway not to hijack the thread , I have the schematics and the toshiba
                      Zeus app (to open the service manual )
                      Links
                      Service Manual (just AV board )The PSU and Inverter are 3rd party

http://elektrotanya.com/toshiba_32av.../download.html

And the zeus app for opening it,

http://elektrotanya.com/toshiba_zeus.../download.html

BTW those FL dsignations are Fusible links ,the board is covered with them

I would check all those for OC...Especially around the micro area.

Anyway ordered another AV board to continue my quest as i have spent hours with probes in hand and am convinced of a micro fault on mine,
                      We shall see,and will post back my findings.
                      Shall be watching this thread for any developments

Regards
                      Paul
                      Most of the time things ain't what they seem to be

Comment

"BTW those FL dsignations are Fusible links ,the board is covered with them"

That was actually what I was thinking they might be but was hoping they were
                        not. There are enough fuses: pico, glass ,ceramic, fusible resistors and the like
                        without having something else to check. I couldnt however find anywhere what the FL designation was - googled for over an hour. Do you know at what sort of
                        levels they pop.

Edit - Thanks for the Zeus link
                        Last edited by selldoor; 04-11-2012, 03:23 AM. Reason: zeus
                        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

"BTW those FL dsignations are Fusible links ,the board is covered with them"

That was actually what I was thinking they might be but was hoping they were
                          not. There are enough fuses: pico, glass ,ceramic, fusible resistors and the like
                          without having something else to check. I couldnt however find anywhere what the FL designation was - googled for over an hour. Do you know at what sort of
                          levels they pop.

Edit - Thanks for the Zeus link
                          Thx 4 the links..cant obtain them though client not logged in error..will keep trying..i was hoping them FL,s not fusable cos there is loads..ive nowt but time to check over this board cos no replacement ready available..so im gonna check all the FL,s & maybe order another crystal..thx

Comment

Do you mean cant download from ET or cant get them to run. If the former have you remembered to disable any adblockers.

Comment

Thx 4 the links..cant obtain them though client not logged in error..will keep trying..i was hoping them FL,s not fusable cos there is loads..ive nowt but time to check over this board cos no replacement ready available..so im gonna check all the FL,s & maybe order another crystal..thx
                              I'm not sure they are fusible links as you would only have a few of them on the board and only near PSU inputs and things like USB... ???

Comment

Do you mean cant download from ET or cant get them to run. If the former have you remembered to disable any adblockers.
                                Cant download from ET..i wait till its says get manual then it says not logged in..thx

Comment

Cant download from ET..i wait till its says get manual then it says not logged in..thx
                                  Is this the micro area & is that another crystal at the side?..them 2 small diodes are they supposed to measure the same as other diodes infinity or O.L 1 way & a reading the other way cos these 2 diodes have readings both ways..thx

Comment

Is this the micro area & is that another crystal at the side?..them 2 small diodes are they supposed to measure the same as other diodes infinity or O.L 1 way & a reading the other way cos these 2 diodes have readings both ways..thx
                                    sos forgot the pics
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Yep those are crystals, are those the only ones?

Comment

"them 2 small diodes are they supposed to measure the same as other diodes infinity or O.L 1 way & a reading the other way cos these 2 diodes have readings both ways..thx"

Which diodes? Probably yes or at least a big difference - can you unsolder one leg

Electrotanya - if you are not registered only allows two downloads (or attempted downloads per day) Im not registered and often double click and get two downloads of the same item "!!£"$%^"

Comment

Yep those are crystals, are those the only ones?
                                          yep they r the only crystals on this board X8001 is 20.000 F:86 & X1301 is 120E8C..thx

Comment

Working...
                                          X