Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung B2330 "2 secs to black"

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing the 2 secs til black (dim, rather, screen still visible with flashlight) with my Samsung B2330.

I believe I have identified the cause: the inverter transformer reads 1050 ohms on one pair, and 915 ohms on the other. Similar to https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12121.

I already replaced the capacitors just in case, and found no issues with any diodes or transistors, using a multimeter to test.

My main question is: how do I go about finding the correct inverter-transformer replacement? I see talk of datasheets and part numbers, but my searches have thus far been futile.

My power/inverter board model is PW12304PC(A).

The inverter-transformer has two numbers written on it:
    1400284 and below it, 101T140, and is identified on the board by T901S.

Thanks so much for your time and consideration.
    -Sunkist

Re: Samsung B2330 "2 secs to black"

Can you post a picture of the transformer? Also, go ahead and post an overview picture of the entire board (front and back). Please use manage attachments (below the text area when you post using Advanced). Please do not post pictures inline.

Comment

Here's pics of the bottom, top, and inverter transformer. Any word on how to go about searching for the correct replacement part?
      Attached Files

Comment

Or if I knew what the correct ohms was supposed to be I could pick up one from here:
        http://www.lcdparts.net/AGNTransform...FQV_hwodiBqFqQ

as long as its within 5% yes?

Comment

Originally posted by sunkist View Post
          Or if I knew what the correct ohms was supposed to be I could pick up one from here:
          http://www.lcdparts.net/AGNTransform...FQV_hwodiBqFqQ

Perhaps you can email lcdparts.net and give them your monitor model number and part number off the transformer and they can suggest a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by sunkist View Post
            It should be 3% of less. We have documented cases here where > 3, but < 5% are failed transformers.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hey thanks guys. I emailed lcdparts.net and they said they dont have the part and it isn't available to them. Do you know how I could find out what the inverter is supposed to be so I can order a similar part within 3%?

Comment

If you have had no luck finding this I think you need to remove it and test again
                show a pic of the bottom of the transformer and circle which pins you test and
                what readings you get, Also test the primarys, it will help in the search for a suitable replacement if the original is not available.
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I am necro bumping this because I got one of these monitors yesterday, while it turns on the screen was really dim so I took it apart and replaced the 2 1000uf caps the rest were 240uf and 470uf all checked out ok.

After I assembled it enough to power test it the screen was brighter but the lamps were flickering its not a CCFL issue as the flicker is balanced.

When I pushed the PS/logic board in its metal cast up agesnt the back of the panel like it would be if the back of the shell was on and it would stop flickering but would go back to being dim again, not quite as bad as it was before the cap change but darker then it supposed to be.

Any Idea on what would cause this? also my power supply is WAY different then the one posted above too. I will snap a photo of it later on today.

Thanks!

Comment

I have this same problem! any info on the issue would be greatly appreciated, I do not really know what I am doing however I do know this much:
                    I have a Samsung syncmaster b2330 and just yesterday it started acting up it when I turn the monitor on it makes a hissing noise and then after 1-2 seconds the hissing noise stops and the monitor shuts off at the same time. HOWEVER THE BACKLIGHT DOES NOT ALWAYS SHUT OFF!!! this monitor works 100% functionally after playing around with it for 30 mins or so. however that is not worth it if it takes ma 3+ hours a week to get a monitor to work. so my question is what do you think is causing this strange behavior? I have some pictures of the boards.. I really need help with this and any feedback would be greatly appreciated! also the monitors backlight is very dim compared to my other monitors, and as you go higher on the monitor the dimmer it gets(increasing dimness is very fast from bottem to top.)

Comment

I think I uploaded the pictures correctly this time

Comment

Working...
                      X