General Question Regarding Caps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Regarding Caps...

This is likely a very rookie question to ask, but.....

Is the caps in the pic just your run o the mill capacitors, just in a different package?? Or is there something special about them??

When I did a search at DigiKey for the values shown, it showed me caps that match the ones in the pic and it also had just regular "normal" caps as well..

So I just want to make sure...

Thanx...
    Attached Files

Re: General Question Regarding Caps...

Looks like nichicon HC series. Some of them do look a little bulged!

These are low-ESR, high ripple current type. No, they aren't "typical" caps.
    Unfortunately, I can't find any 220uF 25V that have similar or better specs.
    The 220uF 25V HC are rated at a maximum ripple current of 1230mA, and ESR of 31mOhm.

The only way to find a replacement is to use a larger capacitance. Those will have the proper ESR and ripple current ratings. Of course, they will be physically larger too.

What sort of device did this board come out of?
    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

These are nichicon hc series, they are designed in a polymer style can but they are standard lyitic capacitors and they are failed thats why the vent is bulging.
      Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

It's a SHARP LC-30HV4U 30" Monitor..

I figured those caps were toast.. 5 of them.. 3 are HC W1 and 2 are HC R1

I just wasn't sure if I should replace them with ones that look and are marked identical or if regular 220uf 25v caps will work...

Thanx for the replies...

Comment

Originally posted by Michale32086 View Post
          It's a SHARP LC-30HV4U 30" Monitor..

I figured those caps were toast.. 5 of them.. 3 are HC W1 and 2 are HC R1

I just wasn't sure if I should replace them with ones that look and are marked identical or if regular 220uf 25v caps will work...

Thanx for the replies...
          Your welcome, keep us updated if that fixes the problem.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I was digging around my shop for some capacitors and came across a half dozen run o' the mill 220uf 25v caps..

Put them on the power board and viola' Monitor worked..

I added the monitor to a nifty liquid cool system I had running...

Thanx for all the replies...
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X