i inc 28inch monitor no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i inc 28inch monitor no power

No I did not have all of the boards connected, but jumped the 2 pin on the cn with the 4 pin and measured 9 pin. Interestingly enough, I just pulled the fuse next to a schottky D210, the fuse was f211. Measured with dmm and got 230v. I don't know if that's important enough, but that schottky is getting juice.
    Hope this is helpful. I did see a pic of the Hann.G hzi 28 and the board is exactly the same.
    I will do what you suggested and get back to you

Comment

I measured all the fuses on that side and the picture should tell the story. All three fuses were pulled, and the one at top right read around 230 while the other two were 0 dv. Leads were placed in place of the fuses and power on.

I marked on the pic the schottky specs for you all. I might pull the caps and resoldered and might do a measure to see which caps is receiving power. We'll see. Any suggestions would be aprreciated
      Thanks again.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for being so pesty about this. But I didn't get any response from the caps except c721 and that was 5v. I am trying to measure the u700(TO-220F-6). I don't know if this is the problem or not. I am getting frustrated to the point where buying a board may be a better option. Digikey and Mouser both are charging around $9.00 for ground delivery plus the cost of parts which may or may not correct the problem. I've already spent close to 20.00 bucks for the caps and the schottky's. I don't have the experience and now the patience to track down the cct to find where the problem is.

Comment

Unfortunately if the problem is a difficult or unusual one,ie not caps, then things can become more complicated, and it would seem that is the case !! What is your location in this great World ????/

Comment

Actually, I live in the states, Tennesse to be exact.

I have found a possible p.s. board for a reasonable cost. I'll try to purchase it within the next two weeks, given Christmas funds will yield. Meanwhile I will try to track the cct down abit more to see where the drop in power is, but without vigor. I'm thinking that it might be something like the U700(TO-220f-6) or dare I say, the transformer.

I'll be in touch when the situation changes.

Comment

Well, i'm still messing around with this thing. One diode is showing nothing both ways. It is located next to the transformer and above the contollerIC. (ssc9510). I'm also getting a wierd reading from the fairchild 8 pin chip. On also all of the readings, i was getting like 58 dcv on them.. The voltage regulators on the main seems good. I'm just trying to boil it down to the cause. Is there a way to see if the chips are bad besides putting leads on them? It also looks like some liquid has spilled on the board. Anyway, thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by gustav View Post
                Sorry for being so pesty about this. But I didn't get any response from the caps except c721 and that was 5v. I am trying to measure the u700(TO-220F-6). I don't know if this is the problem or not. I am getting frustrated to the point where buying a board may be a better option. Digikey and Mouser both are charging around $9.00 for ground delivery plus the cost of parts which may or may not correct the problem. I've already spent close to 20.00 bucks for the caps and the schottky's. I don't have the experience and now the patience to track down the cct to find where the problem is.
                Just to let you know. Digikey offers a lower cost shipping alternative for very small orders. Next time, select USPS First Class shipping and it should run around $3.00 for shipping. And you should get your order just as fast.

Comment

Thanks Jeatadm123 for the heads up on that. I wondering can one measure the controller IC without power? That chip is the only one I cannot purchase, unless from China. If there's a chance that I can track down the problem, I might be able to save afew bucks. The board is very reasonable, but my wife isn't. I did manage to blow the fuse and maybe the resistors while trying out the transformer. It wasn't poperly sealed. I Had to resolder. Since I may have to order the fuse and resistors , What else should I get with them besides the caps? It might be an alternative instead of buying a new board. Any suggestions?

Comment

BTW, the controller IC is sanken, SSC9512s, of the SSC9500 series.

Comment

Ordered a power supply board off of e-bay for $40.00. It is a Hanns.G board. It looked exactly the same as the I-Inc board. Will get it after christmas. Will keep you all posted. Meanwhile i will check the logic boards' voltage reg, and caps

Comment

the power board came in. it seems to work. But now there is the middle section of the screen that is blank. When the menu comes up, the middle has horizontal lines that flicker. The screen did however, light up completely without the "graphics card" attached to the lcd screen. I also attached it to a computer, same thing, the middle part of the screen vertically was not lit up.

Comment

Working...
                        X