X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,
    My name is Don,I'm a retired auto tech,I've been interested in electronics repair since replaceing bad caps in my Samsung 32 inch lcd tv that wouldn't turn on..I also build and repair computers as a hobby.

A friend (that is a experienced tv tech) told me about Badcaps.net and suggested I check it out,,,so,,here I am..

Thanks,
    Don

Comment

Good morning, Jim Welling (balding) here, I'm 59 years young and like fixing things that otherwise would go to an already full landfill. Anyway thought I'd say hi and thanks for this forum.

Comment

Introduction

Hi everyone.I'm new here Joined as I have a PC I would like to repair along with some other electronic devices that require desoldering and soldering.As I am disabled I am at home pretty much all the time so the time involved in diagnosing and fixing these things is really not an issue for me.
        Have learned a lot be reviewing posts and look forward to getting help in repairing these devices.

thanks

Comment

New member here. Ran across this site when I was doing some research. I am actually a Network Engineer by profession but I have been breaking open my toys since I was a young kid to see how they worked. Stumbled across a nice HDTV with a bad capacitor issue and a fever has kicked in for me to learn more about electronics and how to troubleshoot them. I figure if I only open already broken devices, I can not get into too much trouble.

Comment

Hi...i'm a 20 years old, systems engineering student,...and i've found this forum while researching some SMPS...hope we can all get along and manage to help each other.

Comment

Hi everyone, I like to take things apart and figure out how they work, and I have this odd idea that I can fix a computer monitor.... well maybe with your help. I've sometimes fixed computers, sometimes not. In can definitely fix sewing machines. It's a process. I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Work as a paralegal, 55 year old single mom.

Comment

A quick hello from Colorado.
                Mostly I am a computer tech, but sometimes I get asked to perform specialty work. I'm OK with a solder iron and I love playing with electronics. I have built 2 photo booths and started a photo booth company with them and help a buddy with his oxygen/internet kiosks. He just gave me a "broken" Samsung LN-S4041D. I have it open and am trying to figure out the issues. Looks like it is the 4 1000uf capacitors.
                Thanks for a great forum.

Comment

Joined Feb 2013
                  Hello
                  I'm Richard, with en to distinguish me from others - and no comments about Richard III - eg who dug you up etc !

Retired in an old Rectory ( latest major work on the place in 1720, earliest 1000-1500, in Norfolk, England, trying to fix my Computer monitor a Viewsonic VX 924.. and learning again how little I know - coming from oil and finance...

Look forward to following some of your emails - Thank you for taking the time to post.
                  R

Comment

Patrick Grey from Manila here, for some time now am an avid reader but never registered. Now that I've got a problem I suddenly registered, anyway saying "Hi" for the first time in years . . . lol.

Comment

hello for the members

hello all members and responsable of this good forum

Comment

Hello everyone, i 'm Chris from Athens Greece. I would like many things about electronic devices, so i try to repair everything or not when i have them in my hands. I have visit many times the forum in last years for solution problems and thank you all.

I'm very sorry for my english if isn't so well.

Comment

Hey guys. Seems like a good bunch. Probably older than most and just moved to Phoenix from Denver. Worked in TV and electronic repair back in the stone age then got into computers and now really only do things for myself. Real name is Lew but I couldn't use that back in 95 when I had AOL and it's the only nym I use.

Comment

Hi guys,

im Vernon. Have been working in the aviation field for more than 10 years. My background is in electronics and computers.

Have built a few electronic projects mainly clocks and amplifiers. Also enjoy repairing electronic stuff.

Its a pleasure being part of this forum and communicating with fellow electronic enthusiast.

Comment

Hi guys the names Kevin from Northern Ireland.

Just here to get some help with a motherboard issue I'm having.

Was in tech support for a while, fairly experienced with general troubleshooting etc, unfortunely nothing that would help me fix this problem. Which of course is what brings me here.

Comment

Hi all,
                                Seems like it has been a good sight. New to electronics but learn quick with pictures. Education has been self learned so the internet has been a step up from the library. Love the Do-It-Your self method I have done home wiring, pluming, appliance repair, lock smith, and building things i.e outside wood boiler, at this time i am building a log splitter, just finished up opening a Mosler safe. I do not spell very good but as stated it is not my fault the computer misspells it.I woke as a correctional officer at a state prison ( Guard ). I have six kids and loving wife going on 24 yrs(computer tech). My hobbies are fishing and honeybees. i also like messing with tv repair.The aggrevasion at work is they wont test they just replace inter units. It's good for me though i get it for dirt cheap. Thanks to all for future help and advice.

sincerely,
                                Gary

Comment

Hello! Trying to troubleshoot my E171FPb. Nice to meet you.

Comment

hello. My abit ab9 pro has some random errors (BSoD, Post hangs, BIOS checksum errors) and upon inspection I have a few bulging and vented KZG caps. Just looking to replace these and figure out what tools I should get. Anyway, great site. Lots of info here.

Comment

Hello, I'm Robert (Bob) living in Paris, France.
                                      I'm working as an engineer in CDG airport, and I spend (all...) my spare time helping an association to repair electronic stuff for poor people and provide computer training to people looking for a job.
                                      Badcaps.net is an invaluable forum, and I hope to be able to help in my turn.
                                      Sincerely

Comment

Hello, I think it is obvious based on our username who we are

Comment

Hello all my name is Jason. I am fairly new to this though I've replaced a few capsand made successful repairs. I'm looking to go further in learning some repairs. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X