Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 1907FPc 2 seconds to black

Dell 1907FPc 2 seconds to black.

I resoldered the 2 inverter transformers but it didn't help.

The capacitors appear to be united chemicon ky series (kxg for the big one).

Tested the fuses and they all check out ok

Tested the Q900 mosfet and i'm not getting anything under 30ohms.

Lastly i used a test monitor with a cracked screen but working ccfl's and i'm still getting 2 seconds to black.

Is there anything else to check?

Thanks
    Bill
    Attached Files

Re: Dell 1907FPc 2 seconds to black

Originally posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Is there anything else to check?
    Measure the resistance of the secondary transformers. One is circled in red and other in yellow (pins 7 and 8). Report both measurements. If they are good, they should be within 3% of each other.
    Attached Files
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Tested the Q900 mosfet and i'm not getting anything under 30ohms.
      Q900 is your power mosfet. If it wasn't working, you would not get any power.

The 2 mosfets in the inverter section are on the backside sandwiching the inverter pwm IC (Q801). Check those for shorts.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
        Q900 is your power mosfet. If it wasn't working, you would not get any power.

The 2 mosfets in the inverter section are on the backside sandwiching the inverter pwm IC (Q801). Check those for shorts.
        The inverter transformers measure 444 Kohm on the one and 447 Kohm on the other.

Now the inverter pwm IC (Q801-Q803)
        Q801 is being a bit funny. I'll get a reading with the red probe on say pin 1 and black on pin 2 but if i reverse the leads i'm getting 0L.

All the others i'm getting something in either K or M ohms no matter if i reverse the probes.

So would you suspect Q801?

Comment

The mosfets are circled in blue. The pwm IC is in yellow.

What is the part number of Q801?
          Attached Files
          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

The mosfets are circled in blue. The pwm IC is in yellow.

What is the part number of Q801?
            The part # is ZC11. The 11 is written sideways.

Here are the readings for the mosfets circled in blue

1-1 0L
            1-2 29.4 Kohm
            1-3 0L
            1-4 4.18 Mohm

2-1 0L
            2-2 24.86 Mohm
            2-3 0L
            2-4 11.06 Mohm

3-1 0L
            3-2 6.53 Mohm
            3-3 0L
            3-4 3.83 Mohm

4-1 0L
            4-2 24.54 Kohm
            4-3 0L
            4-4 9.46 Mohm

And the other.....

1-1 0L
            1-2 24.17 Kohm
            1-3 0L
            1-4 12.16 Mohm

2-1 0L
            2-2 8.85 Mohm
            2-3 0L
            2-4 6.45 Mohm

3-1 0L
            3-2 4.91 Mohm
            3-3 0L
            3-4 23.24 Kohm

4-1 0L
            4-2 12.87 Mohm
            4-3 0L
            4-4 9.38 Mohm

Comment

The mosfets in blue might be 8 pin (hard to tell from the photo). Look at the part number and find its datasheet.

Here is how I measure multipin mosfets for shorts.

From

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...4&postcount=19

Some mosfets are more than 3 pins. To test those, identify the part number and search for its datasheet. Once you find the datasheet, the pins will be designated source (S), gate (G), and drain (D). It will probably be documented as S1, S2, G1, G2, D1, D2.

Simply test

a) black on pin S1- red on pin G1 - record ohms
              b) black on pin S1- red on pin D1 - record ohms
              c) black on pin G1- red on pin D1 - record ohms

Repeat for the "2" pins. That is S2-G2, S2-D2, G2-D2.

Note: a shorted mosfet would likely cause a very brief flash of the backlight or no backlight.

Here is a case study.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17659
              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

The part # is ZC11. The 11 is written sideways.
                Sorry, I meant IC801 (on the back). It looks like a 16 pin IC.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Lastly i used a test monitor with a cracked screen but working ccfl's and i'm still getting 2 seconds to black.
                  Describe how you did this test so we are on the same page.
                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Sorry, I meant IC801 (on the back). It looks like a 16 pin IC.
                    The IC801 numbers are:

0Z9938GN
                    A627R2 3G
                    0614B

the 2 mosfet numbers are:

9945N
                    AAF60

Here are my readings

S1-G1 17.37 M ohm
                    S1-D1 3.67 K ohm
                    G1-D1 0L

S2-G2 17.42 M ohm
                    S2-D2 1.077 K ohm
                    G2-D2 0L

And the other one:

S1-G1 17.35 M ohm
                    S1-D1 1.070 K ohm
                    G1-D1 0L

S2-G2 17.23 M ohm
                    S2-D2 1.061 K ohm
                    G2-D2 0L

Comment

Your mosfets are good.
                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Describe how you did this test so we are on the same page.
                        I removed the back from the broken screen monitor and plugged the ccfl's from that monitor into the power supply/inverter of the dell 1907FPc monitor.

Comment

I removed the back from the broken screen monitor and plugged the ccfl's from that monitor into the power supply/inverter of the dell 1907FPc monitor.
                          Humour me and try it as described in section #5 at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...6&postcount=20

You don't have to remove the ccfls from the broken screen. Just stretch the connector to reach the Dell and don't let the two monitors touch (use cardboard or something).
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Humour me and try it as described in section #5 at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...6&postcount=20

You don't have to remove the ccfls from the broken screen. Just stretch the connector to reach the Dell and don't let the two monitors touch (use cardboard or something).
                            I'm getting a hiss on the one of the bulbs. I guess i'll be disassembling the screen

Comment

I'm getting a hiss on the one of the bulbs. I guess i'll be disassembling the screen
                              You might have a cracked ccfl.

Well, at least you might have spares. I was able to put a 4:3 ratio 19 inch ccfl entire assembly into a 16:9 19 inch monitor. It is obviously shorter, but it works ... until I broke a tab bond!

Now I get this nice black 1.5 inch stripe where the bond is unglued from the glass.
                              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

It was a bad tube but now i'm getting a white stripe at the one side. Auto adjusting the monitor did help a little bit. I rechecked the connectors but i'm not seeing any pins that are bent. The lvds connector to the screen is secure. Would a tab bond cause this issue. I don't think i damaged them but anything is possible.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Would a tab bond cause this issue. I don't think i damaged them but anything is possible.
                                  Those tab bonds are very fragile. It is possible that 2 or 3 came unwelded from the glass which would explain the stripe. If I recall correctly, my stripe was black.
                                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                                  X