This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG tv problem.

Hello, Dave here. New boy. I'm hoping someone can help with the following question
    LG 42LV355U 42” led tv 4 yr old

While watching TV a vertical white band about 6 inches wide suddenly appeared and the rest of the screen lost brightness. Blues and purple affected the picture. I tried switching HDMI cables but no luck as it still showed on my Playstation reception. I spilt some liquid on the screen about an hour before this problem started though only a small amount.
    Is this a problem anyone has experienced or offer any suggestions. appreciate your thoughts.

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everyone,

This site is great, I've used a few posts to successfully repair a Dell 3008WFP and a few other TVs .

Comment

This would be the "required" new member unlock post for me.

I've been fixing stuff for 50+ years. I'm also a man of few words.

Comment

Hello, everyone.

Enjoy the super bowl.

Comment

Hello,

Marcellas from Tampa, Fl.

Enjoy the super bowl.

Comment

hello all this is the best site around by far
              i have been a member for a while im sure i did this before but im not able to reply to some threads due to one of many reasons so im trying this again

regards
              Gary

Comment

Hello, I thought I would join up as I am beginning to learn about electronics and will need help soon enough.

Comment

Hello, I thought I would join up as I am beginning to learn about electronics and will need help soon enough. (Please delete my other account above I made a mistake with google auto-fill when registering.)

Comment

Hello my name is tj I'm just here to see if I can get help on my electronic issues when ever they pop up. I am pretty much new to it all but After a few YouTube and Google tuts I'm getting handy with fixes. My current project is a SONY Bravia 70" KDL70W830B.

Comment

hello out there, i hope to use this forum to see if I can fix my Sharp LC-70LE550U, DLP issue, not a very good TV and will neve buy sharp again.

Comment

Hi all.
                        I found this very interesting web site and hope to learn something new every day.
                        I also hope to contribute someday.

Comment

sup guys

Comment

Morning!

Im from Estonia, and working with tech.
                            Im a male and so on...

Best!
                            xfx

Comment

Well I am Jeff and in the process of trying to fix my 50" Sanyo I've stumble on a few of these forums and decided to sign up and throw my hat in the mix and hopefully solve my problems and assist with others where I can. Thanks

Comment

Hi

From NewZealand I'm a guy, 26, I build jetboats, motorbikes and other big boys toys

Recently I decided that paying people for things I can learn how to do myself is foolish, SO im learning all I can whenever I can and this seems to be the place to be for electronic gizmos and knowhow. So HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                  As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                  So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                  where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                  G'day everyone, I'm not an electronics whiz, just trying to get some info when I need it so I can fix stuff myself

Comment

Hello Everyone.

Mainly computer and networking background. Have been
                                    learning electronics and been playing with microcontrollers
                                    of late, much fun.

Have a Samsung TV that is giving me grief so arrived at
                                    these excellent pages, not for the first time so decided
                                    to sign up.

Regards,

Pixeltwister

First computer used: Apple II
                                    First computer owned: Acorn Electron

Comment

Hello and thanks for allowing my registration . I have a problem with a philips 42" ambilight which i am hoping to post about as soon as i am able . I have pictures of the caps and boards of the tv of which look ok so i need further advice.

I look forward to been able to receive some support and hopefully fix my faulty tv .

Thanks again

Comment

I am a new member to this forum, my name is Jimmy, I live in Harrah Ok,
                                        I have a semi technical background, I splice Fiber optics for a living. In the past couple years I have been using forums to learn how to perform different tasks from replacing timing chains on 2001 lincoln, repairing my tv's to rebuilding engine on generator.

Comment

new member, trying to replace a wonky dell 3008wfp

Comment

Working...
                                          X