X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abit SE6 bad caps replace

I have an abit SE6 with bad caps.
    Because I can't find cap of the right value in Italy (1500uF
    6.3V), i'm thinking to replace them with 1200uF 6.3V or 10v (panasonic fc serie 105).

I replace them calmy or there are problems ?

Thanks
    Leonardo
    Work great, as with 1500 uF
    0%
    Smoke, smoke, fire....
    0%
    It works but.... very unstable
    0%

HMMM... Not too sure about that one... I'm sure the board will work after replacing the 1500uF caps with 1200uF caps, although stability would be one of my bigger concerns.

I would try it though, that's not an enormous change, and more than likely it will be OK.

If you need some 1500uF caps, go to www.digikey.com and order part number P10228-ND. Those are 1500uF 10v caps. They're 10mm diameter, and that company does ship internationally. They're a little pricey, and primarily sell in bulk, but you might give them a try.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Thanks for the advice but to buy from www.digikey.com is too expensive for me: 18 caps with tax and handle costs 23.10 $ + shipping (the less expensive ) 18/32$ + 20% vat of my country + +/-10% customs taxes = 72.73 $ (61.61 euro).

I will try 1200uF caps and if the board will not work great, I'll throw it away.

Comment

WHOA!!!!!

I just sent a VP6 to Germany. It took 12 days and cost $22 to send. Then, if I understand him correctly, there was a ≈$10 fee to get it out of customs. I used US Postal Service.

20 caps are ≈$20. Estimated shipping 4-10 day Air to Italy is ≈$15. So, as an estimate, it would be about $40 US. Someone here could order the caps and then readdress them to you. Only thing is, it would most likely take three weeks. Thats via US Postal Service.

I might have the P10202-ND caps on hand. They are the 1500µf 6.3v caps.
        You could also see if TopCat has them on-hand and how much he could send them to you for.
        "Its all about the boom....."

Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled drinking.

"Fear accompanies the possibility of death.....calm shepherds its certainty"

Originally posted by Topcat
        AWD is just training wheels for RWD.

Comment

Working...
        X