X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello Fellow Sparks!

I have always been tinkering with Electronics since i was able to take things apart... my toys never broke... they just become projects... or Learning experiences.. Looking forward to Learning more.

Let the Fun Begin!

Comment

Hi all I'm Millar5001 from Leicester UK and I'm in need of some serious brain power to assist me with some motherboard issues. Lets just say I feel confident that I've come to the right place.

Great site.

Comment

Hi, I'm brinSCupstate. Thant would be South Carolina of USA. I started my career several years back (1984) in servicing electronic equipment related to textiles. I have only worked in manufacturing and have mainly troubleshot to the board level. I have an interest in being able to fix TV's, specifically mine right now. I have fixed it once but a blown chip on the power supply was pretty obvious. This looks like a good place to learn!

Comment

hi all.this is venkatesh here.my self is a tv technician since 22 years.it is happy to be here.

Comment

Hello there!

I am from Greece and I am a civil engineer.
            The forum provides valuable information on chip level troubleshooting.
            Hope to help and to be helped

Comment

Hi all, I am Iranian and I started to repair the laptops and desktops since about 2 years ago, I am so glad to join this forum
              hope to have a good relationship together
              thank you and good luck

Comment

Greetings, My name is Mike and I live in Tucson Arizona USA. I've googled repairs many times and this site keeps coming up. I used to be a TV Stereo Tech in Bakersfield CA and an electronics tech in the military and other companies, till bout 4 years ago. Now, I work as a computer administrator and developer, but I like to keep my electronics skills going. currently, I'm turning into the local TV repair guy for various sportbars. I hope to get, as well as give great information in this are and look forward to conversing.. Now to get back to my 42mf321D TV "Elenor" for a solution on it's power issue.

-Mike

Comment

Hi there I am new to this forum and look forward to posting as i am delving into repairing my monitor rather than throwing it out. I have ordered some caps and will post with the results.

Comment

Hi all. I discovered this forum today while searching for an answer to my SyncMaster 225BW power-up problems (screen image flashes on and then off within a second). All of the other Google search result forums said to check the LCD or the driver. BadCap hit the nail on the head, with illustrations. Kudos!

My name is Bob Hare. I am not a technician, but a professional pilot with a long interest in computers and technology. I am now, at 64, an instructor pilot for a major corporate aircraft training center. The fly-by-wire aircraft that I instruct on is a large number of digital computers with two wings strapped on -- the Dassault Falcon 7X. While I have long since lost track of how many computers I have owned, this aircraft has more in it.

When I started with computers, we programmed on punch cards which we sneaker-netted to the computer center to run. My first personal computer was a Radio Shack TRS-80, Model 3 with 16 kb of ram and an audio cassette recorder for "mass" storage. I am a user, not a technician, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night so I am not too shy about trying to replace capacitors, once one of you educated individuals tells me which ones to target. My first efforts in electronics repair was pulling the back cover off of our television and tapping the vacuum tubes to try to restore a clear picture, or finding the dark one, pulling it and heading for the corner electronics shop.

The next best thing to being smart is to associate with those that are, so I appreciate having access to your forum. I will keep a civil tongue and will try not to electrocute myself, but if I do, I have instructed my family not to blame any of you. Most of my shocks come from tinkering with my lawn mower.

I am located in N.E. Pennsylvania -- the Poconos.

Thanks for the most interesting forum!

Bob Hare

Comment

Hello and "greetings' to all.

Just a new member making a primary post.

I have skimmed through the forums here and found the information good enough to warrant joining... so I have! 8)

Comment

Good day all, I just stumbled upon this website or form, seems very nice, still new to this form thing.

I am a laptop, desktop and desktop LCD screen screen, anything computer technician.
                        have been doing this for 9 -10 years, repairs up to board level.

I do not have any electronic diplomas behind me but sites like this help people like me learn more.

Comment

Hello

I am from Germany. Sorry for my bad English. I am 29 years old and currently studying automotive production on a German university (TU Chemnitz to be precise).

One of my hobby is car tuning and playing computer.
                          Currently I have an old 99 Ford Focus. I replaced or upgraded all cable harness to make it from basic configuration up to fully loaded. But this was just fire work and no microelectronic.
                          1 year ago I repair my broken Benq LCD monitor. It was relatively easy, just one capacitor was broken. But this was the starting point to get interested in repairing things or soldering on microelectronic circuits.

2 months ago I accidental totally destroy a good working Asus motherboard (P4C800E Dlx) by trying to add a vcore mod for higher CPU OC. A 100 W soldering gun is maybe to much for tiny mobo repair.

Now, some hours ago I auctioned a broken Samsung 2233Rz monitor on ebay. The seller said it has "2s to black behaviour". After some google research on this problem I found this nice forum with very interesting information about repairing items. So I just sign in and hope to solve my current and future repairing problems.

Greets from Germany Saxony.

TCC
                          Successfully repaired: Benq FP93GX+ (bad capacitor) / Samsung 2233RZ (bad inverter) / Enermax Liberty ELT500AWT (bad capacitors)

Comment

I'm new, I've been having problems with my TV so I thought this was a good forum to ask

Comment

I am he who is new to this site. I look for your wisdom and experience as I continue to slither across the sewage heap of systems no one else wants. Please dignify me with a the power to rise through the muck and see light again!

Comment

HI ,
                                my name is gerard,we have a service dept to repair a/v units,happy
                                to be a member.
                                best regards
                                gerard bay

Comment

Just joined badcaps, although I have been reading it for a quite a while. My name is Michael and I have to tell you, It is sort of intimidating to see the real technicians who understand everything they are saying, posting advice and so forth. Me? I'm just a guy who fixes computers, game systems, monitors, electronics and etc with no degrees at all. I'm just a guy who is interested in making things work and in figuring out why they won't. I run a little company in Calhoun GA called Answrtek Services and hope to learn a lot from all of you. I go real slow and try not to make mistakes but I like the learning and consider every minute learning as an investment.

Comment

Well hello everyone!

I'm an FPGA Engineer with a hobbyist interest in fixing electronics.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that for now just in case the No-Such-Agency is watching. ;~)

Comment

Hello, name is Chris. I recently had a monitor stop working on me and most of the research said it was due to capacitors. Researching capacitors lead me to this awesome forum. I hope to learn from the experience of others.

I have no previous experience working on electronics specifically. The one time I did try on an old AV switcher, I removed the melted trace from around a hole on the PCB board. It refused to work. I have been wanting to learn electronic repair for some time. My only experience is working on a church media team where I soldered XLR and 1/4" connectors. I also created custom isolation boxes for gear to prevent a ground loop.

Comment

Greetings all.
                                        My name is Bob.
                                        I got into this "hobby" by accident.
                                        I usually am into the more mechanical/engineering "sports" but my brother was an electronics tech in the Air Force for 10 years and got me started on this "sidebar"!
                                        I live in Aspers, PA (Apple Capital USA) 10 miles North of Gettysburg, PA.
                                        Hopefully I'll learn a little something here!
                                        Thanks in advance!
                                        Bob

Comment

Hi there,

My name is Ross. I'm basically a user of electronics, not a real techie, but somewhat handy with voltmeters, soldering irons, etc.

I'm joining this forum because I hope to get some helpful advice on two particular pieces of hardware (a TV and perhaps an A/V receiver) which were recently fried by a nearby electrical storm.

I'll post a question to a forum after getting permission to do so, and after reading some of the basic troubleshooting.

Thanks,
                                          Ross

Comment

Working...
                                          X