Insignia 32" LCD TV Model# NS-32LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Insignia 32" LCD TV Model# NS-32LCD

I've been searching for this FU502 fuse that shorted out on my NS-27LCD and I can't seem to find it. It was completely burnt out and I can't make out anything that's on it. Anyone know of a compatible replacement? Thanks!

Comment

The F502 fuse on my NS-27LCD power supply has an H with a circle around it,and to the right of it T7A.I hope this helps.Thank You very much!
      Tyler

Comment

I Have a NS-27LCD also that My uncle gave me because the tv would make a clicking/popping or maybe a shocking noise would best describe!!! and the screen would flash! you had to push power button on/off on/off several times to get lucky and finally have a picture! as long as you left the tv on it was great!! however i have had it connected to my pc for about a week left on ofcoarse but a few days ago our power went out and now it wont even flash or make the noise! Ive had it apart several time and inspected the PB and cant see anything really bad! there was some hard brownish crust under the board! anyway if i take a hair dryer and heat the PB the tv will turn on fine but now the back lights go off when it cools down but if i heat it for a few seconds stays on 3 or 4 minutes! Sounds like caps to me!! but I think i will just order the PSB from TSM like the others have suggested! everyone agreeThanks!

Comment

Well scratch the part about ordering PB. I just now replaced all the 47uf 25volt caps with 47uf 50 volt caps and so far its working fine!! picture light up the very first push of the power button! just goes to show bad caps are not always detectable by a visual inspection!

Comment

Hey there guys, Im new to this forum but have been reading alot on here. This place is amazing! I'm happy a place like this exists.

But down to the chase. I have the NS-32LCD, and I have pretty much the same symptoms as ajsemtb, except my red standby light would go from red -> nothing (for a few seconds) -> blue and stay blue, but I would have nothing on the screen or anything, a few days ago it would turn on after a few tries with the power button, or it would only turn on after I unplugged it and plugged it back in. but now it doesn't do anything anymore except "try" to turn on. but now it occasionally makes a ticking noise from the speakers when its turning on. It didn't do this before, and it doesn't do it all the time when I try to turn it on, only maybe 50% of the time. But anyways, I took it apart, tested all the outputs and from what I can see the outputs are perfectly fine, (just like ajsemtbs') (i.e 5v +-.1 at 5v, 23.9-24.1 at 24v)
            I checked the FU503 and FU502 fuses and they seem to be ok.
            But what is interesting about my power supply is that is has 2 burned spots on the board, you can see them on the pictures i attached, and i took closeups of them. I tested the 3 watt resistor from the picture, and its at ~442 Ohms (I'm actually not sure what its supposed to be, from the colors I can only fathom that its a 470ohm or something but i have a hard time figuring out the colors since they all look the same lol) I tested the diode that is at the center of other burned area and anode to cathode it showed 22.22kOhm and the other way around it showed 12.60kOhm. (I actually just recently started learning how to test components so let me know if I missed something about the diode or the resistor.) But I think the problem might be related to those two areas on my power supply, and even on the power supplies that others have.
            Last edited by Robbiebaby; 08-31-2011, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Sorry forgot the attachments, But i noticed that there is another component next to the diode in the burned area, maybe its the reason its burned? I dont even know what it is, it only says L505 next to it, it has no writing on itself. Im not sure, what do you guys think?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Robbiebaby; 08-31-2011, 10:37 PM. Reason: edited mistakes

Comment

Well if anyone is still interested. I replaced the power supply with a used one, now the TV works fine. Looks like it was a power supply problem :-)

Comment

So I've been looking for this part but I can't seem to identify it in order to get a replacement. Anyone have any ideas? I know it says FU502 but I really don't think that its a fuse.
                  Attached Files

Comment

70 judge said the fu502 on his board had t7a marked on it. That would usually indicate its a 7amp fuse.

Go to digikey and search for fuses > through hole > 7 amp. And there's like 7 pages. You should probably also try to determine what voltage will be run through it and get a fuse that can handle that. Have you tried looking at fu503 on the board to see what markings are on it?

If the fuse blew you probably have other problems, have you fixed anything else that might have blown the fuse?
                    Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

OPTIONAL READING: Hi all, this is my first post to this board. I had a NS-32LCD given to me today in no certain condition. It feels like good karma since my 42" Toshiba, tools and all my possessions were recently stolen from my storage unit during some travels.
                      Figuring if it didn't work it'd probably be the power board or a fuse and an easy fix, I gladly took it. After doing tons of reading and research on this website and others, I decided to tackle the job.

MANDATORY READING:
                      Immediately after opening the TV, I saw a blown barrel fuse (FUSE501) coming right off the AC line. Completely exhausted and VERY arrogantly, decided to jump the fuse. As soon as the AC prongs hit the outlet, the power supply POPPED and scared the crap out of me. This is what happens when you're used to working on low voltage DC electronics.

Does anybody know what I could have damaged, or what may have been wrong to cause that POP and CRACKLE? Any idea what I may have damaged?

Very intimidated now

Thanks!

Comment

I just wanted to post a link to a solution that worked for me:

http://community.insigniaproducts.co...lem/td-p/30472

This fix was EXACTLY what was wrong with my unit, except that there
                        was a 1000uF, 35V capacitor right next to the pico fuse whose top was
                        bulging, which I replaced with a 50Volt version.

The fuse labeled F503 is a pico fuse, but I just used a leaded glass
                        barrel fuse of the same ampage, 7A, 125V, slow blow. Also,
                        I soldered this fuse to the OTHER SIDE OF THE BOARD, so that
                        the 470 Ohm resistor will not overheat it!

Additionally, I swapped the original 470 Ohm, 2 Watt resistor, for
                        a 3 Watt version. It was a bit bigger, but it fit fine, and will
                        dissipate the heat a lot better.

Now the set works PERFECTLY!!!! The 24 Volts is there!

Thanks to this guy for posting the solution....and I hope this
                        helps some of you out there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by steggie View Post
                          OPTIONAL READING: Hi all, this is my first post to this board. I had a NS-32LCD given to me today in no certain condition. It feels like good karma since my 42" Toshiba, tools and all my possessions were recently stolen from my storage unit during some travels.
                          Figuring if it didn't work it'd probably be the power board or a fuse and an easy fix, I gladly took it. After doing tons of reading and research on this website and others, I decided to tackle the job.

MANDATORY READING:
                          Immediately after opening the TV, I saw a blown barrel fuse (FUSE501) coming right off the AC line. Completely exhausted and VERY arrogantly, decided to jump the fuse. As soon as the AC prongs hit the outlet, the power supply POPPED and scared the crap out of me. This is what happens when you're used to working on low voltage DC electronics.

Does anybody know what I could have damaged, or what may have been wrong to cause that POP and CRACKLE? Any idea what I may have damaged?

Very intimidated now

Thanks!
                          Yeah, so, a pop and crackle could have been a capacitor popping. But if the fuse was popped to begin with, there was probably a short somewhere and when you reconnected electricity to it, it probably popped another fuse. The little pico fuses marked FU502 and FU503 I think are surface mounted fuses. I did pop one of those when trouble shooting my board. BTW I still haven't fixed mine. I fixed another monitor, and this took a back seat. However, I'm getting ready to start working on it again. I'm suprised at the amount of traffic on this thread since I was on here last! I hope people are getting useful information from this thread! It was very helpful to me.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch.exe View Post
                            So I've been looking for this part but I can't seem to identify it in order to get a replacement. Anyone have any ideas? I know it says FU502 but I really don't think that its a fuse.
                            Clutch, that's one of the pico fuses that keeps coming up in these threads. I replaced mine as well, and the replacement was green or something. color doesn't seem to matter as much as its a 7amp 125v slow blow pico fuse. I popped mine while trying to diagnose my problem and accidently shorted a couple points.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbiebaby View Post
                              Sorry forgot the attachments, But i noticed that there is another component next to the diode in the burned area, maybe its the reason its burned? I dont even know what it is, it only says L505 next to it, it has no writing on itself. Im not sure, what do you guys think?
                              Robbie, this looks like the pico fuse and resistor that thread was referring to about 3 posts up. If not, here's the link: http://community.insigniaproducts.co...lem/td-p/30472

I'm going to try this fix on mine. If you haven't already trashed you power supply, you could try repairing it, then selling it as refurbished! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by steggie View Post
                                OPTIONAL READING:

Thanks!
                                Hi -We need pictures of the top and bottom of the power board initially.
                                These should be jpg files no bigger than 2mb and no larger than 2000x2000.
                                We should be able to read the part numbers on the board with ease.
                                Close ups of any bits you think you have burnt and close ups of the board number and any connectors also help.
                                Post the pictures using Manage attachments which can be found by
                                clicking on go advanced under the quick post section.
                                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

DOH!!! didnt notice the date on the original post!!
                                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Ok, I got yet another one of these, thinking it
                                    would be another easy fix.

But this time, there appears to be nothing wrong with the
                                    power supply, except it makes a very faint ticking sound.
                                    All 24V pins look fine, as well of the turn-on signal of 5V.

The inverter gets health +24V, and all the fuses are good,
                                    but the "ON/OFF" signal is 0 volts, which is coming from the
                                    main board.

Should I send some pics of the main to you all? Nothing
                                    is obviously wrong with it physically.......

Comment

Disconnect ON/OFF and pull it up with a 1k resistor to 5V. See if the tubes light.
                                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                        Disconnect ON/OFF and pull it up with a 1k resistor to 5V. See if the tubes light.
                                        Ok, the tubes light up with 1k to 5V, but only flashing and making
                                        a ticking sound, that is roughly about twice the
                                        ticking rate that the power supply is making (the
                                        power supply tick is much quieter).

So the CCFL flash dimly, but do not turn on
                                        completely and solidly.

BTW, when I disconnected the "ON/OFF" from the
                                        main board, I also had to disconnect "I-PWM", "E-PWM",
                                        and "SEL", because they are all on the same cable.

??

Comment

That kind of makes sense, I don't suppose you saw a picture during the flickering? The lack of PWM control probably confuses the inverter, but it's at least attempting to light the tubes. Looks like main board at fault then.
                                          Last edited by tom66; 03-22-2012, 12:58 PM.
                                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
                                          X