Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hitachi 32hk04u

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
    for £10.00 thats a good buy aslong as its working? maybe the t con and mains good too for future projects too. theres always smashed screen ones being offered on freecycle etc if local i will collect them for the boards etc.
    ye everything seems fine, tv powers up and picture is displayed (smashed but) so main board inverter, t-con for £10 saved me £20 from the off anyway so

funny thing is the toshiba was bought from the same person i bought the hitachi from, if only they'd of took the backs off the pair of them
    Last edited by anotherdude; 04-30-2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

ok well that didn't go as planned

plugged it all in and getting the red standby light then the blue flashing alternating between the two, when I press the power button it does flash purple (the red and blue led together) and theres a little whine from the psu

seems these 17pw25-4 psu's are different

caps are placed differently and the 2 red things on the original psu only have 1 present on this one

any suggestions would switching the parts round solve this to match the original?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by anotherdude; 04-30-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Check if your bad original PW25-4 has a little jumper fitted to the bottom of it near the main board power connector. IIRC it's S815. If it does copy that across to the other board. If it doesn't remove it.

That jumper being in the wrong position will cause a flash of death.

The caps have nothing to do with it.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          Check if your bad original PW25-4 has a little jumper fitted to the bottom of it near the main board power connector. IIRC it's S815. If it does copy that across to the other board. If it doesn't remove it.

That jumper being in the wrong position will cause a flash of death.

The caps have nothing to do with it.
          S814 tom

there is a jumper on the new board, so remove it? old board has no jumper

Comment

removed and the tv booted up first time

thanks tom, your a walking, talking god

Comment

Originally posted by anotherdude View Post
              removed and the tv booted up first time

thanks tom, your a walking, talking god
              tom sure knows these power supplys i know he wanted some voltage readings from a working unit not sure what he needed though?

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                tom sure knows these power supplys i know he wanted some voltage readings from a working unit not sure what he needed though?
                bah, forgot about that, tv's back together now but if tom still needs them i'll gladly dismantle again

Comment

Yeah it would be REALLY great if you could I've got one that's completely f**ked and I cannot figure it out for the life of me. Not blowing fuses any more, but no output voltages.

primary caps
                  C930
                  C815
                  C836
                  C811

secondary
                  C849 (maybe hard)
                  Last edited by tom66; 04-30-2014, 03:04 PM.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

your probs like me i try my best not to board swop i like a challege and gain experience in component repairs and fault finding but when parts cost more than a working board why not swop them. the old board is always handy for parts i guess i only do this as a hobby to get a better tv for myself plus if i sell any it keeps my car on the road as im unemployed at present.

Comment

I don't like giving in but sometimes I have to accept reality and maybe I'll get that board.

Comment

Yeah it would be REALLY great if you could I've got one that's completely f**ked and I cannot figure it out for the life of me. Not blowing fuses any more, but no output voltages.

primary caps
                        C930
                        C815
                        C836
                        C811

secondary
                        C849 (maybe hard)
                        be tomorrow now before I can get them

would this fried board be of any use to you just pay the postage?

Comment

I've got two other fried boards here. Such a common fault. You might as well keep it for spares.
                          I appreciate the help with the readings.

Comment

just be carfull with your voltage testing im sure tom wouldnt want you to blow up your new psu very easy done been there done that once learnt my lesson now i hope.

Comment

tom my apologies but I won't be able to get the readings for you, had someone wanting to collect first thing this morning for my asking price and couldn't say no

I am sorry about this, just i've waited before and had to lower prices etc so when I get my asking I have to accept

Comment

Great, I've looked everywhere and no one has them. This one has been in the pile too long...

Comment

just saw this tom 17pw25-4 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HITACHI-L4...item3ce01b07cd

Comment

That's a 26-4 mislabelled.

Comment

That's a 26-4 mislabelled.
                                      thats a pity was a good price too.

Comment

26-4's aren't too bad to fix, so don't mind doing those.

Comment

im sure with time you will also be able to fix these 17pw25-4 as well i suppose some blow up worse than others? tom is there any sets gauranteed to have these psus in as im always being offered free smashed screen sets just dont pick to many up.

Comment

Working...
                                          X