Hitachi 32hk04u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hitachi 32hk04u

Toshiba 32BV701B has one, as does one Digihome 26" and a Hitachi L32HK04U in this case.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      Great, I've looked everywhere and no one has them. This one has been in the pile too long...
      I am sorry Tom, I just can't wait round these days

Comment

ok i will go through my emails and see if i have been offered one of these sets but i will defently keep a look out for one now.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          Check if your bad original PW25-4 has a little jumper fitted to the bottom of it near the main board power connector. IIRC it's S815. If it does copy that across to the other board. If it doesn't remove it.

That jumper being in the wrong position will cause a flash of death.

The caps have nothing to do with it.

Hi all , i have just swapped a 17pw25-4 and having the similar flashing led ... i simply cannot find the jumper i need to remove !! any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance Gary

Comment

Little surface mount thing, on the bottom of the power board near the output connector (goes to main board.)
            Post a pic of the bottom of your board and I will highlight it.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hi Tom, thanks for that, but i can only see a s814

Comment

So sorry , just re read the thread s814 is going to go !

Comment

many thanks !! its working ... i bought a board on ebay, and it blew when i connected inverter board, so i got an other psu and a second hand inverter board and its all good , psu buzzing abit though !!Gary

Comment

Normal for these PSUs to buzz... they are absolute rubbish....

Comment

assuming, that both the psu and inverter board were brand new, how long do you think it'll last ?

Comment

Best measured in hours. Every single one that's failed on me has had between 2000 and 3000 hours of usage. I've seen four now with the same fault (blown primary FET due to shorted output diodes.)

If you watch TV for 4 hours per day (that's the national average) that's between 1.5~2 years of usage. Of course the parts are used, so they already have some of their life used up, so to speak, like installing already worn break pads on a car...

These truly are steaming piles of junk. The only real way to fix them is to mod a 17PW26-4 and install that. It's a much better power board (for a Vestel at least, it's not too badly designed) and it lasts much, much longer.

Comment

i have 2 of these boards, both with fried smd chip and other smd's are they any good for repair or should i keep the caps for future repairs ?

Comment

Don't reuse capacitors from boards... especially not Vestel boards... look up voltage forming it essentially makes it a very bad idea to use capacitors from other boards unless you can be certain that they have been both exposed to the same voltage (i.e. if you use a 35V cap which has run at 24V for most of its life on a 30V circuit, the capacitor can be damaged and vent.)

Just keep them for the various smaller parts.

Comment

Working...
                            X