lg 42pw450t , not coming on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lg 42pw450t , not coming on

Hi have a lg 42pw450t , was not coming on ,, changed the ysus board and it came on with a loud buzzing noise, and it was getting hot on the side of the ysus, so thought i,d do a factory reset, after i did that the tv did not come on again ,, accept when i unplug the ysus board , can some tell what causing this and how to fix it
    many thanks

Re: lg 42pw450t , not coming on

I have a couple questions:

(1) After you replaced your Y-Sus, besides the buzzing, was your TV functioning normally?

(2) After the factory reset, when the TV turns on with the Y-Sus unplugged, are you able to hear sound?

Hopefully, you don't have a bad panel, but it could just be a bad Y-buffer. Do you have pics of the circuit board layout?
    Last edited by capkid; 08-01-2013, 10:21 PM.
    LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

yes after i replaced the y sus tv worked worked normal ,, (2) after a reset it resets nothing was tuned in ,,so didnt hear anything ,,
      but i,ve sent you 2 pics ,,
      Attached Files

Comment

When you say that you did a reset, what did that involve?
        LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

went into the menu , and pressed the factory reset

Comment

In a dark room, can you see a glow emitted from the screen?
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hi tom , no there no glow in the dark

Comment

You may have a bad (cracked) plasma panel -- especially if you are hearing a loud buzzing sound.
                Does it sound a bit like this?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iAm82lhky4&t=1m10s
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

no tom is isnt cracked , as i changed the ysus it came on for 10 to 15 mins with a perfect picture , but it was buzzing towards the ysus and it was getting hot where the ysus board was , so did a reset , then wouldn,t come on ,,,,

do have another problem with a samsung ps42q96hd ,, tv comes on with no picture ,if you turn the light out ,you can see a slight glow to the screen , any idea,s, thanks tom

Comment

Put the Samsung in a separate thread.

I would suggest your Y-sus was OK but some panel voltages were wrong causing excessive Y-sus heat, or there is a panel fault like a shorted electrode..

Comment

would it the logic board

Comment

I doubt it, are you talking about the LG?

Comment

hello i have the same TV a Samsung 42pw450t and when i turn it on the red standby light just fades out and nothing happens and i was wondering if you fix yours???

Comment

sorry it is a ( LG 42PW450T....)

Comment

Hi,

Appologies for bringing up an old thread, but I am having the exact same issues with my tv.
                              I've not replaced anything yet. Did pauluk00 fix your tv in the end?

Is it ok to tag on the end of this thread or should I start my own new one?

Thanks.

Comment

Whats the fault ? Normally on these sets Ysus failure is caused by cold solder joints on the ERC coil on the Zsus.
                                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Hi,
                                  Thanks for the speedy reply.
                                  When I press the red button to switch the tv on it tries to power on but reverts back to off. I can hear a clicking sound when this happens.

How would I test for a ysus failure?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                  X