Samsung PN51D550C1F died, won't turn on, clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN51D550C1F died, won't turn on, clicking

rev 1.4 should work if there are no major obvious differences.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hey Martino. Can we talk about a y board for this unit? I'll PM ya. Thanks.

Comment

1 am here,I will look in the morning if I have your board...As far as I know there's a 3D version and a non 3D. As I said,too late for me to dive into that now,but I will refresh my memory in the morning and see what I all have
        Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Remember everyone--the V scan is an ISOLATED supply and is measured to FLOATING ground--not chassis ground. this is NOT the same as "VS" supply--which is measured to chassis ground. The V scan and VY voltages are generated on the Y main--and drive the Y buffers. If the Y main is bad--you will NOT get V scan voltage.

Comment

Vscan (VSC) is measured to chassis ground. VscanH (VSCH) is measured to floating ground (VSC/SVC_OUTL.)
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks tom66. i got no voltage with chassis ground as per previous.

martino, it is a 3D model.

PART NUMBER: LJ92-01764D
              BOARD NUMBERS: LJ41-09423A, 764D on sticker
              MODEL NUMBERS: PN51D550C1FXZA
              PART TYPE: Y-SUS
              TV TYPE AND SIZE: Plasma, 51"
              MFR PART NUMBER: Samsung LJ92-01764D

thanks gentlemen. much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Martino. Any luck yet? I am anxious to try to get something ordered/decided before the weekend, and if it can be with you, all the better.

Thanks.

Comment

I got two Y-boards LJ41-09423A. Not sure where you see the 764D on a sticker tho?
                  Got a third 51 plasma sitting here,but have to open her up to see what boards are in it(should be the same)
                  Gentleman,should he be testing his bufferboard? I do have a two bufferboards as well here,will have to test them,can't remember if they where ok.
                  Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Originally posted by martino View Post
                    I got two Y-boards LJ41-09423A. Not sure where you see the 764D on a sticker tho?
                    Got a third 51 plasma sitting here,but have to open her up to see what boards are in it(should be the same)
                    Gentleman,should he be testing his bufferboard? I do have a two bufferboards as well here,will have to test them,can't remember if they where ok.
                    On the white UPC barcode sticker, there are two letters, TB, then the next four digits are the ones we need.

Mine is TB 764D A2 18V 3QC - DA2

Also, in big letters, mine says DFG, what does yours say?

Also, it is stamped DA2 on the PBA REV white box.

Thanks.

Please tell me how to test buffers if you think I need to.
                    Last edited by ehboy; 09-05-2014, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Any luck on these yet, Martino my friend? Thanks.

Comment

Hey Martino, are you available at all? Thanks.

Comment

Try sending him a PM.
                          If he's all out, boards start from $15 USD
                          http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...9423A&_sacat=0
                          +S&H to Canada (realistically another $15USD from what I've heard...)
                          Last edited by tom66; 09-08-2014, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I have been diligently been searching about. My concern with many of those boards is that while the part number is the same, the revision # is not.

Plus, I am assuming that since this TV is 3D, it might not be interchangeable with boards that came out of 2D units.

Any advice from those more learned would be most welcome. Thanks.

Comment

Hi tom66. My new Y main didn't solve the problem. Plug it in, multi clicks, then nothing, no lights, etc. Never any screen lighting.

I am open to starting over, including retesting every thing. I am not very electrically literate, but can follow things step by step if anyone can help.

HELP! Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi tom66.

Would you happen to have any further advice? I am totally stuck. Appreciate it sir.

Comment

Hi is anyone available? This is my main TV, been out it for like a month almost. Really appreciate it.

Comment

Ok, let's go back to the first test, what do you get on Vs and Va with the new board?

Comment

really stupid newbie question. just bought a new autoranging meter, never used one before. when i put red to vs on power board and black to ground, and then plug in, i am not sure what readings i am getting because it goes up and then down so quickly. does this for va as well.

is there a way of doing this i am just too stunned to figure out \;0 thanks.

Comment

Ok, here is what I got with new Y main installed:

X and Y connected: Vs 0.48 to 0.52 Va -0.001 or -0.002 Clicks several times then nothing

X main disconnected VS 214 then slowly down to zero, light on rear on 5 sec off 1 or 2 sec
                                        VA 58 then slowly down to zero, light as above

Same results with Y main disconnected and with both Y and X disconnected

X main VE is 85-87 with multiple clicks and then nothing

Y main VSCAN is 0.005 (First time I did it is showed -0.011) (I also tried old Y main, and it registered 0.00)

Label states VS: 207 VA: 58 VSC: -187 Ve: 80

Note: Had problems with pink banding etc in the spring and adjusted the VS upwards to around 214 to get rid of it, which may reflect higher than labeled result

Comment

So with your NEW X-main connected, Vs is low?
                                          When unplugged, Vs rises?
                                          Sounds like your new board is bad too...

Is Ve on the Y-main?

Comment

Working...
                                          X