DELL 2007wfp - 2 Secs to black w/flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DELL 2007wfp - 2 Secs to black w/flickering

4001Rxxxxxxxx is the type i need? i have wasted so many time, at least i ve learned

Comment

Are you sure it measures as OPEN and not as 0.00. we are only expecting it to be less than 1 ohm so meter should be on ohms20 or less.
      What do the primaries on the old one measure
      Can you unsolder it again and post pics of the bottom of both the old and new.
      align them with the positioning pin at the same end.
      I also notice there is some damage to the cap - does it just extend to the outer plastic?
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

yes the damage is only in the cover, i did it when i removed the old transformer that had an open winding, i dont have a good transformer out of the board, but i can desolder one of the other two original transformers.

comparing readings in the board without desoldering:
        1st original 0.03ohm
        2nd original(middle)0.04ohm
        3st new open, infinite resistance

i believe the originals have 0.8ohm in each winding becuase:

middle pins are joined in the board. i suppose that the board is putting the 2 resistances(p1 to p3 and p2 to p4)in paralel, giving half the original resistance value for each winding)

anyway i think i will be desoldering it to check for sure
        Last edited by Armandorf; 07-26-2012, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Armandorf View Post
          3rd transf

1-8 resistance: 1.040 K
          4-5 resistance: 52.3 K(200K scale)
          Interesting... I have a 2007wfpb that's doing the same thing. ...and the same transformer is bad. I wonder if there was some sort of error in the design or if this is purely a chance happening?

T801:
          1-8:1076Ω
          4-5:1089Ω

T802:
          1-8:1089Ω
          4-5:1095Ω

T803:
          1-8:No reading
          4-5:1078Ω

Comment

I have been doing some searching using google and I'm not finding any transformers that mach the 4001r714050 exactly, should this 4001K do the trick? Or is the 15K resistance enough different that it would cause problems?

Comment

Unless your meter is broken there is no such thing as "No Reading".

I think that the 1500 resistance would trigger a shutdown but it may depend on the circuitry - the primary also seems different.

Perhaps update your profile with country and voltage.Someone near you may
              have a spare?
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Im moving my stuff to other place so till tuesday im stuck.

later I will desolder the new transformer

at first I thought that a faulty ccfll overcharged the transformer with that ccfl. but they glow. probably is the inverter only.

finding an inverter board complete can be the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                  Unless your meter is broken there is no such thing as "No Reading".
                  Then I must be doing something wrong... I'll fiddle around with it some more today. Line and locale info updated btw

Comment

If your meter reading doesn't change from not having the probes touching, then I would consider that "No Reading".
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Right. My meter's default reading with the probes not touching is "1" on the left side, and nothing changes when I test those pins. I'm assuming that means the connection is open, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Nut View Post
                        Right. My meter's default reading with the probes not touching is "1" on the left side, and nothing changes when I test those pins. I'm assuming that means the connection is open, yes?
                        Yep... that's open. Try testing on 2M range (or 20M or 200M if your meter has it), but it's definitely failed.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yep, not a single reading from 200 to 2000K

Comment

Yep, not a single reading from 200 to 2000K
                            It's dead, Jim!

Comment

Well, now we have two people that need these units. I wish my Google-fu was better for this sort of thing, but I can't find any trace of the 4001R transformers anywhere. ...Of course Google probably ain't the best place to looks for specific electronics components, but I don't know where is.

Comment

Well, now we have two people that need these units.
                                Re 4001R

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...59&postcount=9
                                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I shall search this man out.

Comment

Hi Mac Nut - I will send you a PM.

Comment

Mac Nut - is this the one?
                                      Attached Files

Comment

That is the same as Armandorf's board 20$US at shopjimmy.

Comment

This is the board that came out of my 2007wfp that had a terminal problem with the video board.

Comment

Working...
                                          X