Hp 1502

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp 1502

how long does it stay lit for? Laborious I know but you may have to check the two vga cables have the same pin configuration - back then there were many variations of vga
    and svga some with different wires and different wires on different pins. though I think they kept to a standard for the 6 (that is 2 x3 " colour" data wires.)
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

The only display that shows is that it is going to sleep mode but it doesnt even flicker with this cable. This cable has one less cable and 2 less pins in the vga connector

Comment

I dont know what the going to sleep mode is- is it a message like "no signal."
        If you take the vga out does it give the no signal message.

Check the source is still working? I have laptop which will not output to a second screen, but I think you said that is what you used and got a signal.
        When it is connected is it recognised by the pc - what does it show as in control panel
        system device manager monitor.
        Try changing back - perhaps changing cables has cleaned the pins?
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

if you take out the vga it gives you the same signal message.

It is being detected on the laptop itself as a secondary monitor and I can change the refresh rate and so on from the laptop if i want (and i did to test).

well i will try to change back the cable tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by matthmal View Post
            if you take out the vga it gives you the same signal message.

It is being detected on the laptop itself as a secondary monitor and I can change the refresh rate and so on from the laptop if i want (and i did to test).

well i will try to change back the cable tomorrow morning.
            may i point out my mistake..... when you take out the vga it gives you check video cable message

Comment

Did you change the cable back - with either cable is it on long enough to get into the osd
              menu to do a reset?

Comment

already changed the cable to the original one problem persisted. The original cable didnt even give me the chance of entering in the menu as the menu only appears for a second and goes away with the flicker, I'll try with the other cable again and keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                X