Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eizo L465, what a pleasure to work with.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eizo L465, what a pleasure to work with.

someone had this spare non working monitor and gave it to me at no cost.
    i am still marvelled from the quality of everything inside this display... a lovely pcb, a masterpiece of engineering, top quality components Rubycon, Nichicon.. you would probably laugh but it is just impossible to find stuff like this here in Albania, mostly cheapo and fake chinese ones. everything seems to be built to last forever. anyway, the problem: no backlight. it is ridiculous, someone had opened it before (it is a mystery why) and had probably forgot the inverter power connector. tested for more than 30minutes and everything OK. now it is all mine! im gonna use it for repairing desktops in the computer service area of my multifunctional store. a good deal, isnt it?
    i wanna share some pics with you.
    Attached Files

Re: Eizo L465, what a pleasure to work with.

It's not just Albania. It's nearly impossible to find anything well engineered even in the UK. Unless you're prepared to pay through the nose...
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Wow! Copper heatsinks! I think the LCD monitors made early on were made a little better as the technology was still evolving and may have been over engineered a bit, which allowed them to last a bit longer.

Comment

I don't really like the sight of a Jamicon crapcap (replacement?!) on the inverter but other than that.. work of art. All neat and tidy and everything :O

I think I have to show off my Philips Brilliance 4500AX / Taxan Crystalvision CV650 (Panasonic/Matsushita OEM) some day.
        The PCB in that 15" LCD has "Copyright Matsushita 1996" silkscreened.. Must've been REALLY expensive back then. And it still works without any repairs
        The only thing that sucks is the case being more yellow than beige

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic View Post
          I don't really like the sight of a Jamicon crapcap (replacement?!) on the inverter but other than that.. work of art. All neat and tidy and everything :O
          Jamicon is okay, in an area with not much ripple. Though I would prefer to see GP cap from a better manufacturer there.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
          X